GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   shrub ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/157518-shrub-id-please.html)

Bubba[_2_] 25-04-2007 08:24 PM

shrub ID please

1 Attachment(s)
This shrub is located in Atlanta, GA. It is about 15 feet tall with white
and yellow flowers that resemble japanese honeysuckle. In the fall, it has
pea sized red juicy berries that several species of birds eat.

Could this shrub be propagated by cuttings?

Thanks

Mary Fisher 25-04-2007 09:14 PM

shrub ID please

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
This shrub is located in Atlanta, GA. It is about 15 feet tall with white
and yellow flowers that resemble japanese honeysuckle. In the fall, it has
pea sized red juicy berries that several species of birds eat.

Could this shrub be propagated by cuttings?

No idea - give it a try :-)

That's what I do, I try planting seeds too.

Mary
p.s. I don't know what it is :-)

Bubba[_2_] 25-04-2007 10:49 PM

shrub ID please

Could this shrub be propagated by cuttings?

No idea - give it a try :-)

That's what I do, I try planting seeds too.

Mary
p.s. I don't know what it is :-)

I'll give cuttings a try.

I finally found out what this shrub is. It is amur honeysuckle (Lonicera
maackii). Not so sure I want to plant one on our country property now. They
are invasive.

Bubba