GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for a shrub that grows small white berries. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/157560-looking-shrub-grows-small-white-berries.html)

betsyb 26-04-2007 08:21 PM

Looking for a shrub that grows small white berries.

My grandmother had one in ther yard and I was wondering what it could be. It was in Newton, Mass and I was quite a bit young thern, maybe 65 years ago. Berries were snow white and about 1/2 inch in diam. Any suggestions?

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

Mary Fisher 27-04-2007 09:42 AM

"betsyb" wrote in message
My grandmother had one in ther yard and I was wondering what it could be. It
was in Newton, Mass and I was quite a bit young thern, maybe 65 years ago.
Berries were snow white and about 1/2 inch in diam. Any suggestions?

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

Snowberry?
http://www-saps.plantsci.cam.ac.uk/trees/snowberry.htm

and

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Mary

Mary Fisher 27-04-2007 03:27 PM

"betsyb" wrote in message
Looks about right but I am finding none I can buy.

Try sowing the seed ...

Mary

Mary Fisher 28-04-2007 09:20 AM

"betsyb" wrote in message
I would if I had any? Need to find some. Then wait for them to arrive.

LOL! Sorry, I didn't read your post properly.

Where I live (Leeds, Yorkshire, England) these bushes are everywhere ...

Mary