Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default ID pls for a foliage plant

This picture was taken on May 1st (Winnipeg, Zone 3) The plant was gifted
to me last summer, and just maintained itself at about 5 inches high. It's
in a shady spot under cedar trees on the north side of my house. It's
already about 6 inches high, but I have no idea if it flowers, or how it
propagates, or if it even gets any bigger than it already is. Anyone??

Attached Thumbnails
ID pls for a foliage plant-p5010019.jpg
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"carbuff" wrote in message
This picture was taken on May 1st (Winnipeg, Zone 3) The plant was
gifted to me last summer, and just maintained itself at about 5 inches
high. It's in a shady spot under cedar trees on the north side of my
house. It's already about 6 inches high, but I have no idea if it
flowers, or how it propagates, or if it even gets any bigger than it
already is. Anyone??

Looks like Chard.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
Travis M. did state:

"carbuff" wrote in message
This picture was taken on May 1st (Winnipeg, Zone 3) The plant was
gifted to me last summer, and just maintained itself at about 5 inches
high. It's in a shady spot under cedar trees on the north side of my
house. It's already about 6 inches high, but I have no idea if it
flowers, or how it propagates, or if it even gets any bigger than it
already is. Anyone??

Looks like Chard.

Bodhi chard, maybe?

Actually, it looks like a tropical, but I doubt if one would survive
outdoors in Winterpeg....

--
There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like
about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to

-Anna Sewell, writer (1820-1878)

Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"carbuff" wrote ...
This picture was taken on May 1st (Winnipeg, Zone 3) The plant was
gifted to me last summer, and just maintained itself at about 5 inches
high. It's in a shady spot under cedar trees on the north side of my
house. It's already about 6 inches high, but I have no idea if it
flowers, or how it propagates, or if it even gets any bigger than it
already is. Anyone??

It looks remarkably like...

http://www.crimson-sage.com/shop/ind...&itemid=100092

Bloody Dock.
I don't know if it's called that because of the red veins or because someone
has heard me muttering when I'm weeding the allotment. :-)
If it's only got that big since last year I doubt you will have a problem
with it, it's obviously not as rampant as the normal green leaved type which
is a British native.

--
Regards
Bob H