GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/158696-my-orchid-cactus-bloomed-today-orchidcactus-jpg.html)

Phisherman[_1_] 17-05-2007 01:14 AM

My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

littleditty[_2_] 17-05-2007 03:45 PM

My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg

What a stunning bloom! Would it be possible for you to take a pic of the
plant, please? A friend sent me an orchid cactus some time ago and I'm not
totally convinced that that's what it is. Perhaps a pic would help. Thanks
in advance!
peace...
Debbie
http://www.picturetrail.com/d.f.ryan
Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see the shadow

Phisherman[_1_] 17-05-2007 05:24 PM

My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg - HangingOrchidCactus.JPG (0/1)

Here's the entire plant, hanging out under the deck where it gets
dappled morning sun. It is about 20 years old and started blooming
every spring after it reached 6 years old. The flower usually opens at
night, about 11 PM. There are actually two different kinds in the pot.
One blooms white flowers, the other red. If you look closely, there
is another small bud forming near the right side. The fragrant
flowers are huge and last only a couple days.

Phisherman[_1_] 17-05-2007 05:27 PM

My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg - HangingOrchidCactus.JPG (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

littleditty[_2_] 17-05-2007 08:01 PM

My orchid cactus bloomed today - orchidcactus.jpg - HangingOrchidCactus.JPG (0/1)

Thank you! I'll be darned. Ours is a cactus orchid after all, but we're in
for a long, long wait for a bloom since we haven't had this one but a few
years. Thanks again...it's really an inspiration of what to look forward
too.