GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID Help please - Shade plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/159568-id-help-please-shade-plant.html)

Imageman 04-06-2007 06:38 PM

ID Help please - Shade plant

1 Attachment(s)
Please help out with an identification of this lovely shade plant. Location
Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Washington, USA - Thanks, IM

--
USA - Washington State, Kitsap County, City of Poulsbo "Replies welcomed
as a sign of good etiquette" Nostradamus 1560 :-)

Ann 04-06-2007 09:15 PM

ID Help please - Shade plant

"Imageman" expounded:

Please help out with an identification of this lovely shade plant. Location
Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Washington, USA - Thanks, IM

Meconopsis. It is truly lovely, I've tried to grow it but can't. See
here for more info http://www.meconopsis.org/
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Imageman 05-06-2007 12:47 AM

ID Help please - Shade plant

1 Attachment(s)
WOW, thanks Ann! I may give it a try here, it's a lovely plant. I'm starting
to work into the shady fringe of woods adjoining my garden. The preserve
where I took the picture has lots of interesting special plants tucked away
in the 150 acres of gorgeous forest. I try to take the two hour walk at
least every other week. Here's another 'unidentified' friend I found quite
interesting - Best, IM

"Imageman" expounded:

Chris and Jacqui 05-06-2007 01:44 AM

ID Help please - Shade plant

.. Here's another 'unidentified' friend I found quite
interesting - Best, IM

The second photo is a jack-in-the-pulpit

Imageman 05-06-2007 02:18 AM

ID Help please - Shade plant

Thank you Chris & Jacqui! - IM

FragileWarrior 05-06-2007 05:20 PM

ID Help please - Shade plant

"Imageman" wrote in
:

WOW, thanks Ann! I may give it a try here, it's a lovely plant. I'm
starting to work into the shady fringe of woods adjoining my garden.
The preserve where I took the picture has lots of interesting special
plants tucked away in the 150 acres of gorgeous forest. I try to take
the two hour walk at least every other week. Here's another
'unidentified' friend I found quite interesting - Best, IM

Isn't that Jack-in-the Pulpit a protected species? Or is it the white one?

******************************

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_01B8_01C7A6C8.1C214180

Attachment decoded: _REL5288Email.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_01B8_01C7A6C8.1C214180--

Bob Hobden 05-06-2007 11:35 PM

ID Help please - Shade plant

"Imageman" wrote ...
Please help out with an identification of this lovely shade plant.
Location
Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Washington, USA - Thanks, IM

Ann wrote
Meconopsis. It is truly lovely, I've tried to grow it but can't. See
here for more info http://www.meconopsis.org/

WOW, thanks Ann! I may give it a try here, it's a lovely plant. I'm
starting
to work into the shady fringe of woods adjoining my garden. The preserve
where I took the picture has lots of interesting special plants tucked
away
in the 150 acres of gorgeous forest. I try to take the two hour walk at
least every other week. Here's another 'unidentified' friend I found quite
interesting - Best, IM

Check the pH of your soil, to grow those Blue Himalayan Poppies it must be
acid (and moist but not wet).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Garrapata 06-06-2007 07:08 PM

ID Help please - Shade plant

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:38:06 -0700, "Imageman"
wrote:

Please help out with an identification of this lovely shade plant. Location
Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Washington, USA - Thanks, IM

It is a Meconopsis, a Himalayan Poppy.
This is one I have killed several times
--

09=ix