GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Friend or Foe? - friend or Foe..JPG (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160067-friend-foe-friend-foe-jpg.html)

kayla 13-06-2007 06:18 PM

Friend or Foe? - friend or Foe..JPG

1 Attachment(s)

Amos Nomore 13-06-2007 07:10 PM

Friend or Foe? - friend or Foe..JPG

In article ,
kayla afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote:

begin 644 friend or Foe..JPG
[Image]

Good question. The insect appears at first glance to be a rusty willow
sawfly, whose larva would be your enemy if you have host trees for them
to bore. But the antennae aren't right at all. It very well may be
that this is a parasitic wasp whose larvae are beneficial. At any rate,
it sure is an attractive creature in its own, mildly menacing way. It
won't hurt you.

Mary Fisher 13-06-2007 09:38 PM

Friend or Foe? - friend or Foe..JPG

"kayla" afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote in message

Looks very friendly to me. If anyone comes up with an ID I'll be pleased.

Mary