Old 13-06-2007, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Shasta Daisy

Attached Thumbnails
Shasta Daisy-shasta-daisy.jpg
Old 14-06-2007, 01:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 14-06-2007, 11:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....

I bought a couple of Shasta Daisies this spring, only one flowered and it
had a mass of loose white petals, it was lovely but I never got round to
shooting it :-(

This, from Google, is what it was like.

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
Shasta Daisy-shasta-google.jpg
Old 14-06-2007, 05:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

that looks more like a mum.

Old 15-06-2007, 02:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

Old 15-06-2007, 03:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Jane, that's the problem with common names, that plant could be
anything. Without being able to see the leaves, etc. I really have no
idea what it is. Could be a mum.
Old 15-06-2007, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I'll take a photo of the leaves and post them.

Might be a mum, but I didn't realize that Mums flower now. Mums always
flowered in the very late fall for me.

-Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

. ..

Old 17-06-2007, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Ann,

I'm attaching 2 photos of the leaves, hoping to ID it.

Thank you,
Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
. ..
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Jane, that's the problem with common names, that plant could be
anything. Without being able to see the leaves, etc. I really have no
idea what it is. Could be a mum.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Attached Thumbnails
Shasta Daisy-061507-011a.jpg   Shasta Daisy-061507-012a.jpg
Old 17-06-2007, 07:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:40:08 -0400, Ann wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....

Originally Shasta was a hybrid created by Luther Burbank (Chrysanthemum
maximum x C. leucanthemum) it became very popular but because it didn't
come true from seed gradually changed and became a class of Daisies that
were extensively hybridized and there are now many forms, large and
small, single and double and though I have only seen white, the pictures
posted look like Shastas.
--

09=ix
Old 19-06-2007, 01:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Jane Doe" expounded:

I'm attaching 2 photos of the leaves, hoping to ID it.

I'm sorry, Marianna, but I don't know what they are. The foliage does
look like one plant that's known as a Shasta Daisy, but again, I've
never seen a yellow one. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I just don't
know it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked

[IMG] code is On

Shasta Daisy from Seed Jill Claus Gardening 5 19-07-2003 02:32 AM
How to Keep Shasta Daisy Short? Jay Chan Gardening 6 03-07-2003 03:56 PM
Shasta daisy Mike Lyle Gardening 12 18-06-2003 04:56 PM
Shasta daisy Mike Lyle Plant Science 0 11-06-2003 10:21 PM
Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? Kevin Miller Gardening 4 04-06-2003 12:32 PM