GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown hummer fem 1 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160162-unknown-hummer-fem-1-a.html)

Padraig 15-06-2007 03:16 PM

Unknown hummer fem 1

1 Attachment(s)
Taken while on vacation. Ordinarily I would think this is a female Anna's
Hummingbird but in the area the shot was made Anna's are rare and the most
popular birds are Costa's, Broad-Tailed, Rufous, Broad-Billed, and
Black-Chinned. I know it's not a Rufous or a Broad-Billed. I suspect she
may be a Costa's or Black-Chinned.
--
Paddy's Pig

Boogerhead 15-06-2007 06:10 PM

Unknown hummer fem 1

I started going through my reference books and programs and gave up
quickly.

They're nice shots of whatever they are.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:16:24 -0700, "Padraig"
wrote:

Taken while on vacation. Ordinarily I would think this is a female Anna's
Hummingbird but in the area the shot was made Anna's are rare and the most
popular birds are Costa's, Broad-Tailed, Rufous, Broad-Billed, and
Black-Chinned. I know it's not a Rufous or a Broad-Billed. I suspect she
may be a Costa's or Black-Chinned.

--

BH

Comments, good or bad, are always welcome.

Mary Fisher 15-06-2007 08:02 PM

Unknown hummer fem 1

"Padraig" wrote in message
Taken while on vacation. Ordinarily I would think this is a female Anna's
Hummingbird but in the area the shot was made Anna's are rare and the most
popular birds are Costa's, Broad-Tailed, Rufous, Broad-Billed, and
Black-Chinned. I know it's not a Rufous or a Broad-Billed. I suspect she
may be a Costa's or Black-Chinned.
--
Paddy's Pig

Is the bird sitting on a branch/twig? I don't think any of your other
pictures have shown that, they've always been on the wing (or in the nest!)

Lovely to have you back!

Mary