GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ain't she beautiful???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160412-aint-she-beautiful.html)

madgardener 20-06-2007 05:45 PM

ain't she beautiful????

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_2_] 20-06-2007 06:01 PM

ain't she beautiful????

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:45:22 -0400, madgardener

She shore is.

betsyb 20-06-2007 09:20 PM

ain't she beautiful????

Yummy!

--

BetsyB

Ann 21-06-2007 01:14 AM

ain't she beautiful????

madgardener expounded:

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Ann 21-06-2007 01:14 AM

ain't she beautiful????

madgardener expounded:

Ayup, she's a keepa!

betsyb 21-06-2007 03:01 PM

ain't she beautiful????

Ann your wording sounds more like "Down Maine" than Mass?

--

BetsyB

"Ann" wrote in message
madgardener expounded:

Ayup, she's a keepa!

madgardener 21-06-2007 04:31 PM

ain't she beautiful????

betsyb wrote:
Ann your wording sounds more like "Down Maine" than Mass?

and I know why..................................methinks I does, yeppers
I do! Maddie sounding English for SOME reason........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ann 21-06-2007 10:03 PM

ain't she beautiful????

"betsyb" expounded:

Ann your wording sounds more like "Down Maine" than Mass?

It's a bit of a joke. Our other home is in Maine.

betsyb 21-06-2007 10:23 PM

ain't she beautiful????

Naw, really? My parents were raised in Newton and Watertown. I picked right
up on the lingo. I worked very hard to lose mine after being teased so
mercifully in Ohio.

--

BetsyB

"betsyb" expounded:

Ann 21-06-2007 11:38 PM

ain't she beautiful????

"betsyb" expounded:

Naw, really? My parents were raised in Newton and Watertown. I picked right
up on the lingo. I worked very hard to lose mine after being teased so
mercifully in Ohio.

I have the opposite problem. I moved here in 1964 with a Michigan
accent. They tormented me. Auuunt instead of Aunt, I asked for a
milk shake and got flavored milk - it really wasn't fun. So I've got
a pretty thick NE accent to protect myself, but my Michigan shows
through in certain words.

I married a Mainer. He doesn't realize he's got an accent, but he
does! G