Old 26-06-2007, 04:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default What is this? (2 photos)

It prospers neglected here at Westport, where there is either too much rain
or not enough - due to the sandy ground, the water table is low in the
summer. Right now, and for the past week, the plant has been covered with
bees and hornets, and the odd rufour hummingbird, but there is no odor from
the little white flowers with pink centers. I can't find it in any book
dealing with local plants, so it must be a foreigner, but I don't see it
anywhere else in the community.
Help, please.... what is it? Should I worry about it spreading?

Attached Thumbnails
What is this? (2 photos)-copy-june25.jpg   What is this? (2 photos)-hummer2.jpg
Old 26-06-2007, 04:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Here's another shot.
PS there's a couple of very young sparrows in the pot.

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
. ..
It prospers neglected here at Westport, where there is either too much
rain
or not enough - due to the sandy ground, the water table is low in the
summer. Right now, and for the past week, the plant has been covered with
bees and hornets, and the odd rufour hummingbird, but there is no odor
from
the little white flowers with pink centers. I can't find it in any book
dealing with local plants, so it must be a foreigner, but I don't see it
anywhere else in the community.
Help, please.... what is it? Should I worry about it spreading?

Attached Thumbnails
What is this? (2 photos)-june25-002.jpg
Old 26-06-2007, 04:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

It's darn wet, sometimes. The leaves fall off of the bush, and the little
red berries stay until they dry out. Berries have a sort of waxy finish, and
are soft.

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
. ..
It prospers neglected here at Westport, where there is either too much
rain
or not enough - due to the sandy ground, the water table is low in the
summer. Right now, and for the past week, the plant has been covered with
bees and hornets, and the odd rufour hummingbird, but there is no odor
from
the little white flowers with pink centers. I can't find it in any book
dealing with local plants, so it must be a foreigner, but I don't see it
anywhere else in the community.
Help, please.... what is it? Should I worry about it spreading?

Attached Thumbnails
What is this? (2 photos)-hpim0182.jpg
Old 26-06-2007, 04:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default What is this?

Another winter shot - this little Annas female spent the winter here.

At Westport, Washington State, 125 degrees west, 47 degrees north (or so)

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
It's darn wet, sometimes. The leaves fall off of the bush, and the little
red berries stay until they dry out. Berries have a sort of waxy finish,
and
are soft.

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
. ..
It prospers neglected here at Westport, where there is either too much
rain
or not enough - due to the sandy ground, the water table is low in the
summer. Right now, and for the past week, the plant has been covered with
bees and hornets, and the odd rufour hummingbird, but there is no odor
from
the little white flowers with pink centers. I can't find it in any book
dealing with local plants, so it must be a foreigner, but I don't see it
anywhere else in the community.
Help, please.... what is it? Should I worry about it spreading?

Attached Thumbnails
What is this? (2 photos)-copy-dec30-011.jpg

[IMG] code is On

Rose photos Geoff Bryant Roses 0 25-10-2003 09:02 PM
Botanical gardens photos (Was Rachel Corrie- PA staged photos) Hane Edible Gardening 0 25-03-2003 03:32 PM
find photos free of roses Marco Mazza Roses 1 01-02-2003 03:45 PM
New photos of species orchids online! Eric Hunt Orchids 1 28-01-2003 04:17 PM
links to good photos? Ivan Gregov Permaculture 8 28-10-2002 11:25 PM