GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie Question what is this ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160826-newbie-question-what.html)

Keith Corwell 27-06-2007 04:17 AM

Newbie Question what is this ?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
This plant came up where I had a tomato last year.
I though it as a tomato but guess not.
what is it ?

Thanks
Keith

T r a v i s 27-06-2007 07:36 AM

"Keith Corwell" wrote in message
Hi all,
This plant came up where I had a tomato last year.
I though it as a tomato but guess not.
what is it ?

Don't know what the plant is but the picture is way too big. Try
something on the order of 100 to 200 KB.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

echinosum 27-06-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Corwell (Post 724914)
Hi all,
This plant came up where I had a tomato last year.
I though it as a tomato but guess not.
what is it ?

My guess is that it is Humulus japonicus also called H. scandens, Japanese hop, an invasive weed in much of eastern and central USA/Canada. On first looking at it I immediately thought "that's a hop", but the leaves have far too many lobes for H. lupulus, the agricutural hop. I have found pictures of H. scandens with anything from 5 to 9 lobes on the leaves, so it seems to be rather variable.

Omelet 28-06-2007 02:28 PM

Newbie Question what is this ?

In article ,
"Keith Corwell" wrote:

sorry

"T r a v i s" wrote in message
"Keith Corwell" wrote in message
Hi all,
This plant came up where I had a tomato last year.
I though it as a tomato but guess not.
what is it ?

Don't know what the plant is but the picture is way too big. Try
something on the order of 100 to 200 KB.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

It kinda sorta looked like Virginia creeper to me,

but I could be wrong.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Keith Corwell 29-06-2007 05:14 AM

Newbie Question what is this ?

Guess it is just a weed
Think I will dig it up

Garrapata 02-07-2007 06:31 PM

Newbie Question what is this ?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:17:43 -0500, "Keith Corwell"

Hi all,
This plant came up where I had a tomato last year.
I though it as a tomato but guess not.
what is it ?

perhaps a Passiflora, you'll have to wait for a flower.
--

09=ix