Old 27-06-2007, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Hud Hud is offline

Default Yard & Garden Pics

This is our first year of gardening. We have a small 7'x8' garden planted
with tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes and green beans. We have recently
picked radishes and really got a thrill out of knowing we grew them. It's
so satisfying to see...to hold in your hands...the fruit of your labors.
How rewarding. Here are some garden pics we took a few days ago in the
backyard. http://www.geocities.com/hud_ohio/garden.html

It looks like it's going to be another scorcher of a day here in Ohio. We
have been experiencing drought. Our grass has gone dormant and turned
brown. The farmers are praying for rain. Yesterday we took a drive and the
corn is in desperate need of water. A friend of mine has already turned his
corn under.

Old 27-06-2007, 06:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Hud" wrote...
This is our first year of gardening. We have a small 7'x8' garden planted
with tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes and green beans. We have
recently picked radishes and really got a thrill out of knowing we grew
them. It's so satisfying to see...to hold in your hands...the fruit of
your labors. How rewarding. Here are some garden pics we took a few days
ago in the backyard. http://www.geocities.com/hud_ohio/garden.html

It looks like it's going to be another scorcher of a day here in Ohio. We
have been experiencing drought. Our grass has gone dormant and turned
brown. The farmers are praying for rain. Yesterday we took a drive and
the corn is in desperate need of water. A friend of mine has already
turned his corn under.

Rain, you want rain? It's all over here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6245652.stm
Quite a few have died in the floods too, some areas have had a months rain
in 24hrs.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 27-06-2007, 10:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Hud" wrote...
[...]

But nothing like the horror of New Orleans.

Mary in Yorkshire

Old 27-06-2007, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:02:33 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Hud" wrote...
[...]

But, but, New Orleans was man made horror.
Old 27-06-2007, 10:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:02:33 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
.. .

"Hud" wrote...
[...]

It could be argued that the flood victims in Britain are the result of
man-made horrors.

There is a poorly maintained (understandably) dam which is threatening to
leak. There are man-made drains which can't cope. There are villages built
in the 'wrong' places. There is a lack of flood defences in many areas.
There is a record of lack of funding or even reduced funding for all those
situations.

The rain which fell from the skies in both places was not man-made.

What I'm saying is that there have been, to date, five or six recorded
deaths due to the excessive rain in Britain. How many died in NO?

Mary

Old 27-06-2007, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Hud" wrote...
This is our first year of gardening. We have a small 7'x8' garden
planted with tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes and green beans. We
have recently picked radishes and really got a thrill out of knowing we
grew them. It's so satisfying to see...to hold in your hands...the fruit
of your labors. How rewarding. Here are some garden pics we took a few
days ago in the backyard. http://www.geocities.com/hud_ohio/garden.html

Nice site!

Who's the ugly guy?

;-)