Old 27-06-2007, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Dee Dee is offline

Default soft spot on peppers

My potted bell pepper plants are producing peppers with bad spots. Chili
pepper plants in the same potting mix are producing fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dee

Attached Thumbnails
soft spot on peppers-peppers.jpg
Old 27-06-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Dee" wrote in message
om...
My potted bell pepper plants are producing peppers with bad spots. Chili
pepper plants in the same potting mix are producing fine. Any
suggestions?

Thanks, Dee

Dee I can't see your post. All there is is gibberish. Is it yEnc? If so,
it should have stated as such in the subject line.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old 27-06-2007, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:57:33 +0000, Dee wrote:

My potted bell pepper plants are producing peppers with bad spots. Chili
pepper plants in the same potting mix are producing fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dee

Too much water? Are the spots touching something that would retain
moisture?
Old 27-06-2007, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Padraig" expounded:

Dee I can't see your post. All there is is gibberish. Is it yEnc? If so,
it should have stated as such in the subject line.
--

Ah, Pat, use a proper newsreader and you won't have those problems.
Agent handles yEnc seamlessly. Outhouse Express may be free, but it
Old 27-06-2007, 10:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I saw the pepper images and thought if it was not too much water
perhaps a virus. I'd sterilize your soil if possible and try for a late
crop if we are talking pots here. Here in SJ the local farmers gave up
on peppers due to a soil pathogen.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 27-06-2007, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Dee Dee is offline

Old 28-06-2007, 01:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I'm having the same soft spot problem, but only a few of the peppers are
affected. There are 4 variaties planted within a few feet of each other
and only some of the Green Bell Peppers ( others on the same plant grow
fine ) are getting the soft spots. We just harvest them before the spots
get bigger and eat the unaffected portion of the pepper. Here in East
Tennessee we are in a drought so I don't think my problem is too much water.
Pat

Dee wrote:
joevan wrote in
news

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:57:33 +0000, Dee wrote:

My potted bell pepper plants are producing peppers with bad spots.
Chili pepper plants in the same potting mix are producing fine. Any
suggestions?

Thanks, Dee

Too much water? Are the spots touching something that would retain
moisture?

I didn't notice if they were touching leaves when I cut them off. Here is
the photo again as MIME.

Dee

Old 29-06-2007, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Ann" wrote in message

Ah, Pat, use a proper newsreader and you won't have those problems.
Agent handles yEnc seamlessly. Outhouse Express may be free, but it
isn't worth it!

Do not assume that everybody buys into that argument. I am quite satisfied
with my reader and do not plan to change soon. And it is true that posters
using yEnc are supposed to include that fact on their subject line. Had I
seen the warning I wouldn't have wasted my time. Posters who wish to reach
the greatest audience should consider that people like me represent a very
large body of viewers and we will never see the posts.

This is not an invitation for you to argue the superiority of your favored
system and point out the fact that luddites like me are hopelessly behind
the times and also that perhaps we don't hate Bill Gates enough.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old 30-06-2007, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Padraig" expounded:

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .

Ah, Pat, use a proper newsreader and you won't have those problems.
Agent handles yEnc seamlessly. Outhouse Express may be free, but it
isn't worth it!

Do not assume that everybody buys into that argument. I am quite satisfied
with my reader and do not plan to change soon. And it is true that posters
using yEnc are supposed to include that fact on their subject line. Had I
seen the warning I wouldn't have wasted my time. Posters who wish to reach
the greatest audience should consider that people like me represent a very
large body of viewers and we will never see the posts.

This is not an invitation for you to argue the superiority of your favored
system and point out the fact that luddites like me are hopelessly behind
the times and also that perhaps we don't hate Bill Gates enough.

No need to argue (although you seem set to), but then again, I have no
problems with any posts and you do. Whatever.