GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this? - 2 attachments (1/2) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160879-re-what-2-attachments-1-2-a.html)

Ann 28-06-2007 06:12 PM

What is this? - 2 attachments (1/2)

FragileWarrior expounded:

I think this is from a packet of mixed seeds that were supposed to produce
blue flowers. It's a cute little thing but I've never seen anything like
it before. It's maybe half or a third of the size of a Morning Glory but
it grows on a plant that looks almost like a Balsam. The flower comes out
on a thin stalk from where the leaf meets the stem. (Photo of that
included, too.)

[This section was removed and saved as file C:\Program Files\Agent\Data\PICT0003.JPG]

end

I think it's an Convolvulus, but I can't remember the specifics. I
had it out in the front yard one year, it bloomed all summer.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

FragileWarrior 28-06-2007 06:59 PM

What is this? - 2 attachments (1/2) - 1 attachment

1 Attachment(s)
Ann wrote in
:

FragileWarrior expounded:

I think this is from a packet of mixed seeds that were supposed to
produce blue flowers. It's a cute little thing but I've never seen
anything like it before. It's maybe half or a third of the size of a
Morning Glory but it grows on a plant that looks almost like a Balsam.
The flower comes out on a thin stalk from where the leaf meets the
stem. (Photo of that included, too.)

[This section was removed and saved as file C:\Program
Files\Agent\Data\PICT0003.JPG]

end

I think it's an Convolvulus, but I can't remember the specifics. I
had it out in the front yard one year, it bloomed all summer.

I'm resending the flower photo. It came out as garbage on my reader so I
don't know if everyone else got it or not.

I'll look up Convolvulus. Thanks. It's a real little beauty. I'd like to
make sure I have some next year, too.

FragileWarrior 28-06-2007 07:30 PM

What is this? - 2 attachments (1/2) - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

1 Attachment(s)
And one more photo of the stem between flower and plant highlighting this
rather unusual (at least to ME) connection.