Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default July 1 - Pink Campanula_5515.jpg

Although these are common enough, I have never grown Campanula before.
These are from seed sown in March this year. I sometimes see Campanula
listed as annual, sometimes biennial and sometimes perennial, but
these were sold as biennials, so hopefully they will be back next year
too. These are "Champion Pink" pelleted seed from the Stokes catalog,
and so far I am very pleased with them.

JD

Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Thumbnails
July 1 - Pink Campanula_5515.jpg-pink-campanula_5515.jpg
Old 02-07-2007, 01:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Hud Hud is offline

John - Pa. wrote in message
Although these are common enough, I have never grown Campanula before.
These are from seed sown in March this year. I sometimes see Campanula
listed as annual, sometimes biennial and sometimes perennial, but
these were sold as biennials, so hopefully they will be back next year
too. These are "Champion Pink" pelleted seed from the Stokes catalog,
and so far I am very pleased with them.

JD

Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Those are really something, John. Kind of put me in mind of bells, but then
the edges curl open. Very nice.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:22:47 -0400, John - Pa. wrote:

Although these are common enough, I have never grown Campanula before.
These are from seed sown in March this year. I sometimes see Campanula
listed as annual, sometimes biennial and sometimes perennial, but
these were sold as biennials, so hopefully they will be back next year
too. These are "Champion Pink" pelleted seed from the Stokes catalog,
and so far I am very pleased with them

There are hundreds of species and thousands of hybrids of Campanula,
these are a variety of C. medium (Canterbury Bells) which is usually a
biennial.
--

09=ix