GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gunnera and more 2nd try (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/161120-gunnera-more-2nd-try.html)

T r a v i s 02-07-2007 03:16 AM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

1 Attachment(s)

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Hud 02-07-2007 04:27 AM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

"T r a v i s" wrote in message
news:DdZhi.5159$7k7.5047@trnddc01...

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Hi, Travis. That is an amazing plant behind you...and I like that colorful
t-shirt too.

T r a v i s 02-07-2007 06:01 AM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

"Hud" wrote in message

"T r a v i s" wrote in message

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Hi, Travis. That is an amazing plant behind you...and I like that
colorful t-shirt too.

That is my partner I took the picture.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Ann 02-07-2007 11:25 AM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

"T r a v i s" expounded:

That came through! Gunneras are huge when full-grown, it will tower
over him eventually.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

joevan[_2_] 02-07-2007 03:01 PM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

Worked fine that time.

T r a v i s 02-07-2007 04:41 PM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

"Ann" wrote in message
"T r a v i s" expounded:

That came through! Gunneras are huge when full-grown, it will tower
over him eventually.

It is already taller than him but the angle doesn't show it. The
Gunnera has been in the ground 3 years. It gets more leaves each year.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

joevan[_2_] 02-07-2007 04:50 PM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:41:05 GMT, "T r a v i s" wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
"T r a v i s" expounded:

That came through! Gunneras are huge when full-grown, it will tower
over him eventually.

It is already taller than him but the angle doesn't show it. The
Gunnera has been in the ground 3 years. It gets more leaves each year.

I was curious and had to look it up. Interesting stuff here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnera

T r a v i s 03-07-2007 02:21 AM

Gunnera and more 2nd try

"joevan" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:41:05 GMT, "T r a v i s" wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
. ..
"T r a v i s" expounded:

That came through! Gunneras are huge when full-grown, it will tower
over him eventually.

It is already taller than him but the angle doesn't show it. The
Gunnera has been in the ground 3 years. It gets more leaves each
year.

I was curious and had to look it up. Interesting stuff here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnera

About 4 or 5 years ago someone from British Columbia posted a picture of
his Gunnera here and I was hooked. It dies back to the ground in the
winter here and then I mulch it with about a foot of sawdust. I water
it frequently during summer dry spells.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington