Old 19-10-2007, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default yEnc

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:11:41 -0400, Wolf Kirchmeir
wrote:

I've tried NewsRover and other cheap/free newsreaders, and none of them
is even as good as Thunderbird, which IMO is poor second-best to PMNews
(built for OS/2 and never ported to other platforms, unfortunately.)

Bah!

Well I have never noticed a single problem using agent. It has always
decoded any and all binaries, including yenc.
Old 19-10-2007, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

I've tried NewsRover and other cheap/free newsreaders, and none of them
is even as good as Thunderbird, which IMO is poor second-best to PMNews
(built for OS/2 and never ported to other platforms, unfortunately.)

Bah!

Well I have never noticed a single problem using agent. It has always
decoded any and all binaries, including yenc.

True, that's not the problem with Agent. I just don't like the
interface. There were a couple of other issues, but I haven't bothered
to remember them.

Old 20-10-2007, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

The yEnc was unintentional. I recently started using News Rover and the
default is yEnc. I have not changed the settings to UU jpg.

Art
Old 20-10-2007, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Make that I have NOW changed the settings to UU jpg. :-)

Art
Old 22-10-2007, 12:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"3Putt from CoastalSouth Carolina" 3putt@PawleysIslandSC expounded:

.

And get off IE... Go get FireFox!

Sure, and have fun finding and downloading all the plug-ins......

Why is that a problem? I'd rather be able to control my browsing
environment than to have everything wide open to all kinds of
malicious hackers. It's no problem to set Firefox up just the way you
want it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 22-10-2007, 05:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:04:07 -0400, Ann wrote:

"3Putt from CoastalSouth Carolina" 3putt@PawleysIslandSC expounded:

.

And get off IE... Go get FireFox!

Sure, and have fun finding and downloading all the plug-ins......

Why is that a problem? I'd rather be able to control my browsing
environment than to have everything wide open to all kinds of
malicious hackers. It's no problem to set Firefox up just the way you
want it.

That is for sure and with a host file it is a sweet bit. I rarely use
explorer.