GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   July 13 - Bicolor Rose_5592.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/161665-july-13-bicolor-rose_5592-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 13-07-2007 01:01 PM

July 13 - Bicolor Rose_5592.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
This is a miniature rose, about 1in. across, that my wife bought as a
pot plant a couple of months ago. It was blooming pure yellow when she
bought it. It was inside for a while, but then it wasn't getting
enough light, so I have had it outdoors in its pot in full sun for the
last few weeks.

The flowers seem to be turning bi-colored in the full sun. In fact,
another bud that is drooping down is showing red on the top where the
sun hits it and yellow underneath where the petals are more shaded. I
didn't realize that the colors could be sun-sensitive like that.

I'll probably stick this fellow in the ground, and I hope he keeps up
the dual personality 'cause I kinda like it.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

wendy7 13-07-2007 03:46 PM

July 13 - Bicolor Rose_5592.jpg

Two very nice flowers, great shots, love the lighting. Don't know about
the colour changes?
I have some that fade to a more pastel shade?
Cheers Wendy

NoteWell 15-07-2007 05:39 AM

On 13 Jul 2007, wrote:

[...]

begin 644 Bicolor Rose_5592.jpg

Attachment decoded: Bicolor Rose_5592.jpg
`
end

I agree, it's a pretty rose.

So much to do, so little inclination.