Old 30-07-2007, 06:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature

Default Insects from the garden - File 18 of 18 - Index1.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Insects from the garden - File 18 of 18 - Index1.jpg (1/1)-index1.jpg
Old 30-07-2007, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature

In article ,
Imageman None wrote:

begin 644 Index1.jpg
[Image]

I just love insects and other arthropods. Such incredible color and
morphological variety, like flowers. Not particularly easy to
photograph, but so rewarding when you capture the shot you want. Thanks
for the cool pictures, and keep them coming! The
alt.binaries.backyard.critters crowd would love to see your images, too.
-----------------
-----------------
Old 30-07-2007, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature

"Imageman" None wrote in message
1...

Excellent pictures but I have two questions and one comment.

1) Are they really all in your garden? If so, where are you? (that's a
sub-question!)

2) can we have the names of all of them or don't you know them?

Comment: they're not all insects ...

Mary

Old 30-07-2007, 08:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature

Hi Mary! I live in Indianola, Kitsap County, Washington State, USA. This
area is across the Puget Sound from Seattle, and is on the Olympic
Peninsula. I'm methodically researching names and am adding them to the
images as I get them. I've been lazy, but my interest is up now. Aren't we
blessed with the Internet. There are a bunch of Identification sites out
there, like Bug Guide http://bugguide.net/node/view/15740

I need to learn the difference between insects, and not. Easier to do since
I retired :-) Thanks for your comments and response - IM (Bob)

. net...

Old 30-07-2007, 08:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature

"Imageman" wrote in message
news
Hi Mary! I live in Indianola, Kitsap County, Washington State, USA. This
area is across the Puget Sound from Seattle, and is on the Olympic
Peninsula.

Well, Bob, I'm in Yorkshire, England, Great Britain. But I've been to USA
twice (in 1990 and 1993), both times to stay with beekeeping friends who
lived next to Goss Lake, Whidbey Island. That is, he, Mel, WAS the
Washington University Apiarist. While I was there I made friends with Jim
Bach, the Washington State Apiarist. Mel and his wife had retired to the
island after living in Seattle. Between them they took me to many parts of
Seattle, Western Wa and Central Wa.

They were among the most happy and memorable times of my life!

I'm methodically researching names and am adding them to the images as I
get them. I've been lazy, but my interest is up now. Aren't we blessed
with the Internet. There are a bunch of Identification sites out there,
like Bug Guide http://bugguide.net/node/view/15740

We are blessed indeed but I look forward to hearing from you what they are.
You're in a better position than I am to identify them.

I need to learn the difference between insects, and not. Easier to do
since I retired :-) Thanks for your comments and response - IM (Bob)

Well, for a start, count the legs. Spiders aren't insects :-)

Thanks for replying, I'd be happy to continue by mail.

Mary