Old 31-07-2007, 05:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1)

The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

-----------------
-----------------
Attached Thumbnails
Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1)-angelstrumpets.jpg
Old 31-07-2007, 12:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Amos Nomore expounded:

The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

How aptly named. I'm going to have to get some seeds, this sounds
delicious!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 31-07-2007, 11:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1) - MirabilisSeeds.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

How aptly named. I'm going to have to get some seeds, this sounds
delicious!

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

-----------------
-----------------
Attached Thumbnails
Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1)-mirabilisseeds.jpg
Old 04-08-2007, 04:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Amos Nomore expounded:

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

Care to share any seeds? I've got breadseed poppies and Angelica giga
seeds to share if you're interested......
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

Care to share any seeds? I've got breadseed poppies and Angelica giga
seeds to share if you're interested......

I would be happy to. Send me an email, the address is good.

Nice bunch of pictures. Your container arrangements are splendid!