Old 01-08-2007, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Pineapple Lily

Eucomis autumnalis 'Pineapple Lily" . . . .still opening.
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Pineapple Lily-eucomis-autumnalispineapplelily47-dsc01148.jpg
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

Eucomis autumnalis 'Pineapple Lily" . . . .still opening.
Cheers
Wendy---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image]

That's pretty!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Eucomis autumnalis 'Pineapple Lily" . . . .still opening.
Cheers Wendy

Hello Wendy,

I see that the 'stunted flower' turned out to be a nice inflorescens. And a
beautiful pink one at that.
I still think this isn't a Eucomis autumnalis (see my earlier post below).

What ever it is, it is a very nice Eucomis. Congratulations.

All the best,

Rob Zuiderwijk

Website : PhragWeb - The Phragmipedium WebSite.
(http://www.phragweb.info)

Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Pineapple Lily - Eucomis comosa

Gooie dag Rob, Baie dankie.
Thanks for the info, I must have missed your earlier reply or having a
brain freeze!!!
You are probably correct with the name Eucomis comosa as the arboretum has
been wrong before.
I will try to remember to change the tag & hou die blink kant boe. *g*
Cheers Wendy

Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks,

Since Afrikaans is not my native language I don't understand everything you
write, but I take it as a complement. ;o)

All the best,

Rob Zuiderwijk

pineapple lily Sterling Gardening 0 09-07-2005 01:32 AM
Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) hhhouse Gardening 1 12-10-2003 12:42 AM
Pineapple James Mayer Edible Gardening 0 17-09-2003 02:42 AM
Pineapple? JNJ Gardening 15 12-04-2003 03:32 AM
Is pineapple a fruit? Ted Shoemaker Gardening 18 14-03-2003 10:56 PM