Old 02-08-2007, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Bindweed with bee - BindweedBee.jpg (1/1)

I'm just so happy to finally see honeybees again!
I'm glad I have food for them. The bindweed (wild morning glory) has
taken over a good part of the back yard this year as I did not do a lot
of gardening due to the cost of city water. I'm ruthless weeding it out
where I do not want it.

Little did I know that the drought we were having was over with with a
vengeance. The local Aquifer is almost at record levels in Central Texas.

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Attached Thumbnails
Bindweed with bee - BindweedBee.jpg (1/1)-bindweedbee.jpg
Old 02-08-2007, 04:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's really a pretty nice picture Om. Keep it up!
--
Paddy's Pig

Old 02-08-2007, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's really a pretty nice picture Om. Keep it up!

I'm trying... Thanks! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:03:55 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

I'm just so happy to finally see honeybees again!
I'm glad I have food for them. The bindweed (wild morning glory) has
taken over a good part of the back yard this year as I did not do a lot
of gardening due to the cost of city water. I'm ruthless weeding it out
where I do not want it.

Little did I know that the drought we were having was over with with a
vengeance. The local Aquifer is almost at record levels in Central Texas.

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

Wonderful. Thanks for the great stuff.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
joevan wrote:

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

Wonderful. Thanks for the great stuff.

Thanks!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

I'm just so happy to finally see honeybees again!
I'm glad I have food for them. The bindweed (wild morning glory) has
taken over a good part of the back yard this year as I did not do a lot
of gardening due to the cost of city water. I'm ruthless weeding it out
where I do not want it.

Little did I know that the drought we were having was over with with a
vengeance. The local Aquifer is almost at record levels in Central Texas.

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

NIce shot! I too like the pollen.

Keep it up!

Charlie

I'll try. g
Gotta defrost the camera when I take it outside.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Omelet expounded:

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's a very happy bee, covered with that good stuff! G
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Shy bees (was Bindweed with bee - BindweedBee.jpg (1/1))

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's a very happy bee, covered with that good stuff! G

She was hard to capture too. ;-) Bindweed produces a LOT blooms!
And I never realized how hard bees were to photograph until I started
trying. They are shy!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Shy bees

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:20:22 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's a very happy bee, covered with that good stuff! G

She was hard to capture too. ;-) Bindweed produces a LOT blooms!
And I never realized how hard bees were to photograph until I started
trying. They are shy!

I was shooting a bumblebee on a white petunia yesterday and it was
*not* shy. He drove me away several times!

Got him though when he was buried deep inside the blossom!;-)

Charlie

Gonna post it? :-)

I had an odd type of bumble here once that laid egg masses on the wire
fencing around the henyard. I watched one do it.

Unfortunately, I did not have a digicam at the time.

Large black and yellow, not aggressive unless you messed with the\m.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.