GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/162633-dougs-mint-dougs-mint-jpg.html)

Ann 04-08-2007 02:50 AM

Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
A friend of mine runs a place called Hillbilly Acres a couple towns
over. He's got wonderful stuff, but none of it's labeled. I have no
idea what this is, but it's cute. Any clues would be appreciated.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

MLW 04-08-2007 03:17 PM

Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg

"Ann" wrote in message
A friend of mine runs a place called Hillbilly Acres a couple towns
over. He's got wonderful stuff, but none of it's labeled. I have no
idea what this is, but it's cute. Any clues would be appreciated.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a

It looks like lemon horsemint to me.............Monarda citriodora.
Mine started blooming a couple weeks ago.

Mary

Ann 06-08-2007 05:43 PM

Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg

"MLW" expounded:

It looks like lemon horsemint to me.............Monarda citriodora.
Mine started blooming a couple weeks ago.

I think it is this one, too, because it's an annual. Thanx!

Ann 06-08-2007 05:44 PM

Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg

Julie expounded:

It's a variety of Monarda called Lambada:
http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/MOLAS.html

It's my favorite Monarda. I have to mail order mine, as I haven't found it for
sale in Georgia.

It does look like it, but it isn't a perennial, it's an annual, so I
guess It's Monarda citriodora - if you look here you'll see the
similarities.
http://www.sbs.utexas.edu/bio406d/im...citriodora.htm

Julie 04-09-2007 05:23 AM

Doug's mint - dougs-mint.jpg