Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Green - DSC_0011.JPG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0011.JPG (300.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-08-2007, 09:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
joevan wrote:

begin 644 DSC_0011.JPG
[Image]

end

I like Caladiums too. Please tell me the large plant is a hardy
perennial with Christmas cactus below?

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Balgreen Portal to the Souther Realm

Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:58:53 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

In article ,
joevan wrote:

begin 644 DSC_0011.JPG
[Image]

end

I like Caladiums too. Please tell me the large plant is a hardy
perennial with Christmas cactus below?

Bill

The large plant with the pointed leaves is yucca. The one you call
Christmas cactus is Schlumbergera X Buckley I. The Caladium is in a
planter that was sent from my sister when my wife passed.
The fern was a request of my dear loving wife and it was badly damaged
a few times from severe cold. I think this winter I may cover it with
a light sheet on really cold times. Oh yes the hosta which is from the
oldest on our roof top garden. Started in 4 inch deep old florescent
light fixtures 30 years ago or so. Transplanted here to this big
planter and to a few smaller pots here and there.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
joevan wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:58:53 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

In article ,
joevan wrote:

begin 644 DSC_0011.JPG
[Image]

end

I like Caladiums too. Please tell me the large plant is a hardy
perennial with Christmas cactus below?

Bill

The large plant with the pointed leaves is yucca. The one you call
Christmas cactus is Schlumbergera X Buckley I. The Caladium is in a
planter that was sent from my sister when my wife passed.
The fern was a request of my dear loving wife and it was badly damaged
a few times from severe cold. I think this winter I may cover it with
a light sheet on really cold times. Oh yes the hosta which is from the
oldest on our roof top garden. Started in 4 inch deep old florescent
light fixtures 30 years ago or so. Transplanted here to this big
planter and to a few smaller pots here and there.

We associate plants with passing and birthing too. Somehow adds
continuity if that makes sense.

Best

Bill who has pines planted with each child.