GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/162931-oriental-parasols-01-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Mike Dee[_3_] 11-08-2007 05:03 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Spotted these emerging from the leaf litter on a garden bed in my back
yard. They reminded me of an oriental umbrella. The tallest was approx.
3/4" (19mm) high and the cap, approx. 5/16" (8mm) across. Tiny,
translucent and very delicate, they lasted about a day before collapsing
and expiring.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Marutchi[_3_] 11-08-2007 07:01 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

Mike Dee wrote:
Spotted these emerging from the leaf litter on a garden bed in my back
yard. They reminded me of an oriental umbrella. The tallest was
approx. 3/4" (19mm) high and the cap, approx. 5/16" (8mm) across.
Tiny, translucent and very delicate, they lasted about a day before
collapsing and expiring.

Lovely! they look like lollypops. :-)

Mike Dee[_3_] 11-08-2007 10:24 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

Mike Dee wrote:
They reminded me of an oriental umbrella...

Lovely! they look like lollypops. :-)

Thanks, Barbara. mmmmmmm... lollypops! OMG thats taking me back to
Saturday matinees... better not go there, LOL. :-)

Cheers.

--
dee

Marutchi[_3_] 11-08-2007 10:48 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

Mike Dee wrote:

Thanks, Barbara. mmmmmmm... lollypops! OMG thats taking me back to
Saturday matinees... better not go there, LOL. :-)

Cheers.

Heh, a long time ago for me that is for sure.

Mike, the people over on alt.binaries.pictures.original, would probably love
seeing your photos.

Ann 11-08-2007 11:34 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

Mike Dee expounded:

Spotted these emerging from the leaf litter on a garden bed in my back
yard. They reminded me of an oriental umbrella. The tallest was approx.
3/4" (19mm) high and the cap, approx. 5/16" (8mm) across. Tiny,
translucent and very delicate, they lasted about a day before collapsing
and expiring.

They're beautiful.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Mike Dee[_3_] 12-08-2007 01:43 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

They're beautiful.

Thank you, Ann.

Mike Dee[_3_] 12-08-2007 02:08 AM

Oriental - Parasols-01.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

Mike, the people over on alt.binaries.pictures.original, would probably love
seeing your photos.

Thank you, Barbara. I may do so sometime soon. I've been lurking for a
couple of weeks and read the FAQ for the ABPO group that was posted the
other day (an excellent group FAQ, I think). I may end up cross posting
some also, between there and *pictures.animals and this NG if the
subject is appropriate for all groups.

Having just taught myself how to upload JPEGs to NGs correctly earlier
this week, I must refrain from running headlong into the fray :-)

Cheers.