Old 16-08-2007, 02:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Bouddi National Park 1

Late winter and most of our National Parks are just coming into flower.
Bouddi is just north of Sydney, Australia.
Unfortunately I am still using dial-up and my photos have been heavily
compressed, but it should give an idea of the area.There are many Eriostemon
((Philotheca) which varied from white through to a deep pink,lots of yellow
pea flowers, many varieties of wattle and others.
First photo : Eriostemon

Attached Thumbnails
Bouddi National Park 1-bouddi-np-14_8_07_8.jpg
Old 18-08-2007, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"allanrsmyth" wrote:

Unfortunately I am still using dial-up and my photos have been heavily
compressed, but it should give an idea of the area.

A tip or hint, I hope you don't mind. Instead of heavily compressing
your photos, get them how you you'd like to see them on screen, then
take screeshots of the subject, and post up the screenshots instead
(saved as JPEGs) - so they'll look GREAT on screen (but will be of a
much lower resolution, much less pixellated, and will be a small file
size for sending up via dial-up).

[...]
First photo : Eriostemon

Beautiful. As all of the subjects you sent up were, they show great
pontential. I would like to see more.

A nice freeware screengrabber for Windows is MWSnap. There are others
but this one is good.
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

--
dee
Old 18-08-2007, 02:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Or you can resize the picture to about 800x600 with any one of a large
number on programs online. Try Irfanview or PIXResizer, they're free. And
the picture online is great!
Gary