GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ready to Eat.....Soon (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/163122-ready-eat-soon.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 16-08-2007 05:34 AM

Ready to Eat.....Soon

1 Attachment(s)
My Grapes are beginning to ripen.
They should be ready to eat in a few weeks while I away on vacation :-(
Bad timing!
Well, the birds would probably have gotten to them first, anyway.
How's that for sour grapes?
Bob Williams

Ann 16-08-2007 10:29 PM

Ready to Eat.....Soon

Bob Williams expounded:

My Grapes are beginning to ripen.
They should be ready to eat in a few weeks while I away on vacation :-(
Bad timing!
Well, the birds would probably have gotten to them first, anyway.
How's that for sour grapes?

They're beautiful! I wish I could taste one :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Bob Williams[_3_] 16-08-2007 11:28 PM

Ready to Eat.....Soon

Ann wrote:
Bob Williams expounded:

My Grapes are beginning to ripen.
They should be ready to eat in a few weeks while I away on vacation :-(
Bad timing!
Well, the birds would probably have gotten to them first, anyway.
How's that for sour grapes?

They're beautiful! I wish I could taste one :o)

Me Too.
With any luck, the birds may leave be a few.
On second thought, I believe I will encase them in an old pair of pantie
hose. That should help protect the innermost fruit.
Bob

joevan[_2_] 17-08-2007 03:33 PM

Ready to Eat.....Soon

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:28:07 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

Ann wrote:
Bob Williams expounded:

My Grapes are beginning to ripen.
They should be ready to eat in a few weeks while I away on vacation :-(
Bad timing!
Well, the birds would probably have gotten to them first, anyway.
How's that for sour grapes?

They're beautiful! I wish I could taste one :o)

Me Too.
With any luck, the birds may leave be a few.
On second thought, I believe I will encase them in an old pair of pantie
hose. That should help protect the innermost fruit.
Bob

We used to cover certain parts of the garden with bird netting at the
community garden.

Mary Fisher 18-08-2007 09:13 AM

Ready to Eat.....Soon

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
Ann wrote:
Bob Williams expounded:

My Grapes are beginning to ripen.
They should be ready to eat in a few weeks while I away on vacation :-(
Bad timing!
Well, the birds would probably have gotten to them first, anyway.
How's that for sour grapes?

They're beautiful! I wish I could taste one :o)

Me Too.
With any luck, the birds may leave be a few.

Here wasps can be more of a problem ...

Mary