GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/163202-die-camellia-03-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Mike Dee[_3_] 18-08-2007 11:54 AM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Camellia double flowered. White with a hint of pink. Another back-yard
shot.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Jane Doe 18-08-2007 03:00 PM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

I am not dying for a Camellia, but your picture is stunning. How do you
guys do this frame effect? Is that an Adobe feature?

-Mariana

Mary Fisher 18-08-2007 03:58 PM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

"Jane Doe" wrote in message

I am not dying for a Camellia,

LOL! Nor am I :-)

but your picture is stunning.

It is. I think we're the only people in our street who don't have at least
one camellia though, even if I wanted to look at one I needn't grow it
myself.

Mary

McG. 18-08-2007 04:28 PM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
Camellia double flowered. White with a hint of pink. Another back-yard
shot.

WOnderful Camellia Mike. Great shot :-)
McG.

McG. 18-08-2007 04:30 PM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
Camellia double flowered. White with a hint of pink. Another back-yard
shot.

I'm not Mike Dee, but;

You can add picture frames to your image in several programs I'm aware of.
I use Paint Shop Pro v. 9 and X as well as PS CS3. Both these have adding
picture frames built in.
McG.

Mike Dee[_2_] 19-08-2007 01:22 AM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

"Jane Doe" wrote:

I am not dying for a Camellia, but your picture is stunning. How
do you guys do this frame effect? Is that an Adobe feature?

Thanks, Mariana

Not a feature as such, but I do use Photoshop and for the frames make
heavy use of the masks, the marquee tool and gradient fills. I also use
built-in and 3rd party filters to supplement any effects.

There are packaged framing add-ons for photoshop and other drawing or
paint programs which would likely make it easier but I prefer to
experiment, all hit and miss really ;-)

--
dee

Mike Dee[_2_] 19-08-2007 01:23 AM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

"McG." wrote:

WOnderful Camellia Mike. Great shot :-)

Thanks very much, McG. Cheers.

--
dee

McG. 19-08-2007 03:57 AM

To die for - Camellia-03.jpg (1/1)

Just checked CS3, and don't see anything for picture frames per se. My bad.
I know that DOES exist in PSP. Surely someone has made a script or action
for generating picture frames for CS?
McG.

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
I use Adobe CS2, I've been trying to find it all day I don't think that
it's built in.

-M

"McG." wrote in message
. ..