GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another visitor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/164207-another-visitor.html)

Jane Doe 30-08-2007 07:18 PM

Another visitor

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

joevan[_2_] 30-08-2007 07:56 PM

Another visitor

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:18:22 GMT, "Jane Doe"
wrote:

Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

It's a two eyed 6 legged, long attenuated bug.o:)

Charles[_1_] 30-08-2007 09:14 PM

Another visitor

wrote:

Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

katydid.

William Wagner[_2_] 30-08-2007 09:38 PM

Another visitor

wrote:

Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

It's a two eyed 6 legged, long attenuated bug.o:)

Just as long it is not a purple people eater.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

'Mike' 30-08-2007 09:48 PM

Another visitor

"William Wagner" wrote in message

wrote:

Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on
our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

It's a two eyed 6 legged, long attenuated bug.o:)

Just as long it is not a purple people eater.

Bill

Why, are you purple?

Mike

www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

William Wagner[_2_] 30-08-2007 09:55 PM

Another visitor

In article ,
"'Mike'" wrote:

purple people eater

Glad you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eater

Bill having fun.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

'Mike' 30-08-2007 10:07 PM

Another visitor

"'Mike'" wrote:

purple people eater

Glad you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eater

Bill having fun.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

I remember it well :-(

William Wagner[_2_] 30-08-2007 10:31 PM

Another visitor

"'Mike'" wrote:

purple people eater

Glad you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eater

Bill having fun.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

I remember it well :-(

What was the last word?

Tequila

Bill Explains a lot.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

joevan[_2_] 30-08-2007 11:04 PM

Another visitor

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:31:16 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote:

purple people eater

Glad you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eater

Bill having fun.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

I remember it well :-(

What was the last word?

Tequila

Bill Explains a lot.

Yeah, remember it so well. Thanks for the link and the fun remembered.
I thought my silly reply would get something but that was more than I
could have hoped for.

William Wagner[_2_] 30-08-2007 11:27 PM

Another visitor

In article ,
joevan wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:31:16 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

In article ,
"'Mike'" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"'Mike'" wrote:

purple people eater

Glad you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eater

Bill having fun.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

I remember it well :-(

What was the last word?

Tequila

Bill Explains a lot.

Yeah, remember it so well. Thanks for the link and the fun remembered.
I thought my silly reply would get something but that was more than I
could have hoped for.

Just like the cheap seats you can count on me for silly stuff. I
notice there is an abundance of silly stuff after major international
conflicts. Perhaps a way to get back to being human. Marx brothers
comes to mind along with Laurel and Hardy. I can go on but must charge
my camera as images may present them to me and you.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Mary Fisher 31-08-2007 10:42 AM

Another visitor

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
Not sure what it is, but this quite large "insect" was hanging out on our
patio most of the afternoon yesterday.

Wonder what it is. About 2" in length.

-M

It's an insect and at first I thought it was a lacewing but you said it's 2"
long, too big for British lacewings at least. I'd be interested to know what
it is too.

Mary

Mary Fisher 31-08-2007 03:30 PM

Another visitor