GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/164576-spring-6-drupes-01-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Mike Dee[_3_] 08-09-2007 04:50 PM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Snowdrops

Shaking off the rain.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Mary Fisher 08-09-2007 08:25 PM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
Snowdrops

Shaking off the rain.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Mary

Mike Dee[_2_] 08-09-2007 11:36 PM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my silly file
naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I used "drupe" because
it looked "prettier" ;-)

--
dee

Mary Fisher 09-09-2007 11:05 AM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my silly file
naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I used "drupe" because
it looked "prettier" ;-)

Ah! I see. I was worried for a while that for nearly sixty years I'd
misunderstood what drupes were :-)

Nice picture by the way :-)

Mary

Mike Dee[_2_] 09-09-2007 12:16 PM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my
silly file naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I
used "drupe" because it looked "prettier" ;-)

Ah! I see. I was worried for a while that for nearly sixty years
I'd misunderstood what drupes were :-)

Nice picture by the way :-)

I cannot have been thinking clearly to name that file "drupe". Very
silly of me for doing so, indeed.

Thanks for being gentle with me, Mary :-)

--
dee

Mike Dee[_2_] 19-09-2007 11:30 PM

Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

FragileWarrior wrote:

I don't think I'm familiar with Snowdrops. Do they all have that
green spot on them?

Yes, as far as I know, they all do.

--
dee