GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orbea variegata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/164786-orbea-variegata.html)

wendy7 13-09-2007 05:32 AM

Orbea variegata

1 Attachment(s)
This succulent is a faithful bloomer & quite exotic looking.
Cheers Wendy

FragileWarrior 16-09-2007 02:07 PM

Orbea variegata

"Wendy7" wrote in news:B33Gi.115423$dI1.4237
@newsfe08.phx:

This succulent is a faithful bloomer & quite exotic looking.
Cheers Wendy

How old is your plant, Wendy?

wendy7 16-09-2007 04:09 PM

Orbea variegata

I am really not sure how old it is but I have had it for at least 10 years.
Why do you ask FW?
Cheers Wendy

FragileWarrior 17-09-2007 10:56 PM

Orbea variegata

"Wendy7" wrote in
:

I am really not sure how old it is but I have had it for at least 10
years. Why do you ask FW?
Cheers Wendy
"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Wendy7" wrote in news:B33Gi.115423$dI1.4237
@newsfe08.phx:

This succulent is a faithful bloomer & quite exotic looking.
Cheers Wendy

How old is your plant, Wendy?

Oh, I was just wondering if it was one of those ones who only bloom after
they get of a certain age -- like Jade Trees. Other than that sort of idle
thought, I really wasn't going anywhere with the question. :)

someone 18-09-2007 12:20 AM

Orbea variegata

"Wendy7" wrote in message
This succulent is a faithful bloomer & quite exotic looking.
Cheers Wendy

I call this a Stapelia, and boy am I having problems with mine. I have a
Stapelia gigantea, and have split it off into several plants, but once they
get a black fungus or spot, watch out,they'll be history. I'm trying to
save mine at the moment.

Love your Tillandsia usneoides as well, in the bottom of the photo.

someone

wendy7 18-09-2007 09:55 PM

Orbea variegata

Thanks someone, I think the Stapelia is the one with the large flower that
attracts flies, I have that as well.
Anyway, they should be in a fast draining potting mix. You could try
spraying with Physan 20 for fungus.
Cheers Wendy

someone 20-09-2007 01:01 AM

Orbea variegata

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks someone, I think the Stapelia is the one with the large flower that
attracts flies, I have that as well.
Anyway, they should be in a fast draining potting mix. You could try
spraying with Physan 20 for fungus.

Thanks, Wendy. I'll have a look at the garden centre for this spray. I
hope I don't lose my plant.

someone