GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/165323-surprise-lilli-second-try-surpriselilliflsmall-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Omelet 24-09-2007 10:27 AM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
I never saw this one come through, apologies if it's a repeat.
This appeared in my front yard a couple of days ago.

Surprise lilli or resurrection lilli:
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Omelet 24-09-2007 04:08 PM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Basketweaver" wrote:

Lovely, Omelet. Btw, I saw it the first time but don't mind a second look.
:-) Pam

Ah sorry!

It never came thru on my server!

Thanks.

Ann 24-09-2007 08:56 PM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

Omelet expounded:

I never saw this one come through, apologies if it's a repeat.
This appeared in my front yard a couple of days ago.

Surprise lilli or resurrection lilli:
--

Yes, it came through the first time, I wish something like that would
come up next to my driveway!

Omelet 25-09-2007 02:45 AM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I never saw this one come through, apologies if it's a repeat.
This appeared in my front yard a couple of days ago.

Surprise lilli or resurrection lilli:
--

Yes, it came through the first time, I wish something like that would
come up next to my driveway!

I've got to look for bulbs.
The funny thing about those is I don't recall even seeing them for sale
around here. Are they a Wild native in South Central Texas?

Omelet 25-09-2007 02:50 AM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Basketweaver" wrote:

No problem..a thing of beauty is a joy the second time around. :-)

Thanks!
I'm just glad they did not abandon me compeltely!
I try to treat the beds right. Oddly enough, the ones that appeared this
year came up in a neglected bed that has been turned over to Ivy and
Wandering Jew!

Garrapata 25-09-2007 04:50 AM

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:45:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I never saw this one come through, apologies if it's a repeat.
This appeared in my front yard a couple of days ago.

Surprise lilli or resurrection lilli:
--

Yes, it came through the first time, I wish something like that would
come up next to my driveway!

I've got to look for bulbs.
The funny thing about those is I don't recall even seeing them for sale
around here. Are they a Wild native in South Central Texas?

They are a Nerine (maybe sarniensis) from South Africa

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantnop/nerinesarnien.htm
--

09=ix

Omelet 25-09-2007 07:04 PM

Surprise Lilli's, where do they come from?

In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:45:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I never saw this one come through, apologies if it's a repeat.
This appeared in my front yard a couple of days ago.

Surprise lilli or resurrection lilli:
--

Yes, it came through the first time, I wish something like that would
come up next to my driveway!

I've got to look for bulbs.
The funny thing about those is I don't recall even seeing them for sale
around here. Are they a Wild native in South Central Texas?

They are a Nerine (maybe sarniensis) from South Africa

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantnop/nerinesarnien.htm

Cool, thanks!

The only thing I can think of is that the seeds are wind spread or
something. I'm not the only person in this area that "experiences"
these. One of my co-workers I talked to last night said the same thing
happens to her. They just "appear" and random and were never planted to
her or her husband's knowledge, and there have been a few people on
Austin.gardening that they have "surprised" too.