GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/165352-unusual-tree-plant-tree-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Dave Moorman 25-09-2007 03:02 PM

Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
This showed up on alt.binaries.pictures.scenic last week, and we do not
know what it is. Folks have suggested agave and yucca, but it doesn't
really look like either of those. So...I'm asking the experts! Dose
anyone here recognize this one?

Dave

FragileWarrior 25-09-2007 04:02 PM

Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1)

Dave Moorman wrote in news:nobody-
]:

This showed up on alt.binaries.pictures.scenic last week, and we do not
know what it is. Folks have suggested agave and yucca, but it doesn't
really look like either of those. So...I'm asking the experts! Dose
anyone here recognize this one?

Dave

begin 644 Tree?.jpg

Attachment decoded: Tree-.jpg
`
end

It certainly looks like a tree* but do you know the actual size of it?

* my first -- irrational -- thought was, "Hey, a loofa tree!"

Garrapata 25-09-2007 06:08 PM

Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:02:38 -0500, Dave Moorman
wrote:

This showed up on alt.binaries.pictures.scenic last week, and we do not
know what it is. Folks have suggested agave and yucca, but it doesn't
really look like either of those. So...I'm asking the experts! Dose
anyone here recognize this one?

Dave

The flower stalk of an Agave
--

09=ix

Omelet 25-09-2007 07:04 PM

Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1)

In article ],
Dave Moorman wrote:

This showed up on alt.binaries.pictures.scenic last week, and we do not
know what it is. Folks have suggested agave and yucca, but it doesn't
really look like either of those. So...I'm asking the experts! Dose
anyone here recognize this one?

Dave

begin 644 Tree?.jpg
[Image]

end

Whatever it is, it's really neat.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Dave Moorman 26-09-2007 02:44 AM

Unusual tree/plant - Tree?.jpg (1/1)

wrote:

This showed up on alt.binaries.pictures.scenic last week, and we do not
know what it is. Folks have suggested agave and yucca, but it doesn't
really look like either of those. So...I'm asking the experts! Dose
anyone here recognize this one?

Dave

The flower stalk of an Agave

I think you're right, Garrapata. I Googled images for "agave flower
stalk" and came up with many. Many of them did not look similar, being
either close to the ground or primarily vertical in nature, but a few
were remarkably reminiscent of this tree.

Dave