GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fern Skeleton 1/2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/165486-fern-skeleton-1-2-a.html)

Marutchi[_3_] 30-09-2007 01:35 PM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

1 Attachment(s)
Basket Fern (Drynaria rigidula) frond, eroded by leaf-mining insects and
remains just as a tracery of dry tissue.

Mary Fisher 30-09-2007 01:52 PM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Basket Fern (Drynaria rigidula) frond, eroded by leaf-mining insects and
remains just as a tracery of dry tissue.

I've never seen anything like that!

Thanks,

Mary

Marutchi[_3_] 30-09-2007 11:30 PM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

Mary Fisher wrote:

I've never seen anything like that!

Thanks,

Thank you. :-)

Garrapata 01-10-2007 07:05 PM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

Basket Fern (Drynaria rigidula) frond, eroded by leaf-mining insects and
remains just as a tracery of dry tissue.

Interesting...Do you have a picture of a frond that hasn't been eaten?
--

09=ix

Marutchi[_3_] 01-10-2007 09:44 PM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

Garrapata wrote:
Basket Fern (Drynaria rigidula) frond, eroded by leaf-mining insects
and remains just as a tracery of dry tissue.

Interesting...Do you have a picture of a frond that hasn't been eaten?

I can take one, later today once work settles down.

Marutchi[_3_] 02-10-2007 03:57 AM

Fern Skeleton 1/2

1 Attachment(s)
Garrapata wrote:
Basket Fern (Drynaria rigidula) frond, eroded by leaf-mining insects
and remains just as a tracery of dry tissue.

Interesting...Do you have a picture of a frond that hasn't been eaten?

I found this one, I took at the same time as the eaten ones, it's one of the
fronds that form the "basket" The fern dies back a fair bit in winter and
is only just now producing new fronds.

(unaltered except for re-sizing and some USM).