GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oct 26 - Spider Mum_7848.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/166204-oct-26-spider-mum_7848-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 26-10-2007 08:33 PM

Oct 26 - Spider Mum_7848.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
It is chrysanthemum season at Longwood Gardens. Here is a "spider mum"
type with the cultivar name 'Vesuvio'. This was a good 5"-6" across.

BTW, I used a flash technique here where the directional flash is
pointed away from the subject and bounced off a white card. This
allows for a much softer and more diffused light without the harsh
shadows and contrast of a direct flash. It seems to work well.

JD

William Wagner[_2_] 26-10-2007 09:22 PM

Oct 26 - Spider Mum_7848.jpg

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

It is chrysanthemum season at Longwood Gardens. Here is a "spider mum"
type with the cultivar name 'Vesuvio'. This was a good 5"-6" across.

BTW, I used a flash technique here where the directional flash is
pointed away from the subject and bounced off a white card. This
allows for a much softer and more diffused light without the harsh
shadows and contrast of a direct flash. It seems to work well.

JD

begin 644 Spider Mum_7848.jpg
[Image]

end

Well done. I used to use a slave light system to fill in light but
this was 35 and 2 and 1/4 stuff. Bouncing light off ceilings etc.

You got good quality!

Saw Martha Steward yesterday on TV and she displayed the current
chrysanthemum show running to Nov 16 up at The New York Botanical
gardens. Japanese patience. Wow!

Bill who lives 50 miles from Longwood Gardens and used to picnic at
the Brandywine park.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

"The destiny of nations depends on how we feed ourselves."
Brillat-Savarin