GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dietes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/166726-dietes.html)

Paddy's Pig 11-11-2007 08:54 PM

Dietes

1 Attachment(s)

Charles[_1_] 11-11-2007 10:03 PM

Dietes

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:54:47 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"

nice, I like this.

joevan[_2_] 12-11-2007 09:22 AM

Dietes

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:54:47 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"

Beautiful.

Omelet 13-11-2007 05:42 AM

Dietes

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

[Image]

Gods I love the depth of field you get with some stuff. :-)

A keeper.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Paddy's Pig 13-11-2007 06:17 AM

Dietes

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

[Image]

Gods I love the depth of field you get with some stuff. :-)

The trick is a small aperture.
--
Paddy's Pig

Omelet 13-11-2007 06:56 AM

Dietes

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

[Image]

Gods I love the depth of field you get with some stuff. :-)

The trick is a small aperture.

sigh

I need to get a better camera!

I used to get really good DOF using a smaller f-stop and longer exposure
times. All I have is a cheapy digicam right now! I'm tempted to go back
to the Pentax and use the scanner...

but that eliminates the "instant gratification"!

Paddy's Pig 13-11-2007 07:44 AM

Dietes

"Omelet" wrote in message

I need to get a better camera!

I used to get really good DOF using a smaller f-stop and longer exposure
times.

Ugh. Small f-stop good. Long exposure time bad. Me use flash & quick
exposure.

Seriously --- good outdoor closeup shots of flowers and bugs, etc., are
nearly impossible without it except on the calmest days. With the least
amount of wind blowing I've always had trouble.
--
Paddy's Pig

Omelet 13-11-2007 08:43 AM

Dietes

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message

I need to get a better camera!

I used to get really good DOF using a smaller f-stop and longer exposure
times.

Ugh. Small f-stop good. Long exposure time bad. Me use flash & quick
exposure.

Seriously --- good outdoor closeup shots of flowers and bugs, etc., are
nearly impossible without it except on the calmest days. With the least
amount of wind blowing I've always had trouble.

Ah. Wind, the eternal enemy. :-)

Sometimes a large aperature with a VERY short exposure time worked well
for stop motion, such as beach splashes. I always dislike those
"smeared" waterfalls you see everywhere.

I have some shots of the oregon coast where I was able to freeze rock
splashes in the waves.

My standby was ASA 100. Those fast films that got popular, like ASA 400
always made everything so grainy!

I need to drag out the photo album one of these years and do a scanning
session, now that I know how to use the scanner and photoshop better.
I've not messed with them in over 10 years. Scanning photos that is. g

I used the scanner a lot for ebay beads and jewelry. Worked better than
a camera for true close ups.

HEMI-Powered 03-04-2008 04:30 PM

Dietes

Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour

"Omelet" wrote in message

I need to get a better camera!

I used to get really good DOF using a smaller f-stop and longer
exposure times.

Ugh. Small f-stop good. Long exposure time bad. Me use flash
& quick exposure.

Seriously --- good outdoor closeup shots of flowers and bugs,
etc., are nearly impossible without it except on the calmest
days. With the least amount of wind blowing I've always had
trouble.

Hi, Pig! Long time no see. Heard you and the boys were looking for a
new club house but I don't think this is the place for car pictures.
Have a pleasant day gushing over your image quality as you are wont
to do whilst criticising everyone who doesn't live up to your high
standards.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"And, that's all I'm going to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Paddy's Pig[_2_] 26-04-2008 05:13 AM

Dietes

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Hi,

Jerry Jerry Jerry!

Here's the dealio: Omelet - like virtually everybody else on the planet -
is a better photographer than you and actually cares about pictures & is a
decent human being too. (Bonus)

Got it?

That's great.

Omelet[_4_] 26-04-2008 05:15 AM

Dietes

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Hi,

Jerry Jerry Jerry!

Here's the dealio: Omelet - like virtually everybody else on the planet -
is a better photographer than you and actually cares about pictures & is a
decent human being too. (Bonus)

Got it?

That's great.

Why thank you! :-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson