GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/170031-jan1-amaryllis_8725-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 01-01-2008 10:41 PM

Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
My wife and I followed our New Years tradition and went to Longwood
Gardens for the first day of the year. Here is one of their Amaryllis
showing off.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Omelet 02-01-2008 02:56 PM

Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

[Image]

Ooh that's nice! A mutated cultivar?
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Bill R 02-01-2008 04:44 PM

Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg

Omelet wrote:

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

[Image]

Ooh that's nice! A mutated cultivar?

Yes, very nice! I don't think that is mutated. Over the years I have
seen quite a few that look like that.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Omelet 02-01-2008 06:23 PM

Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg - PinkAmaryllis1small.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

[Image]

Ooh that's nice! A mutated cultivar?

Yes, very nice! I don't think that is mutated. Over the years I have
seen quite a few that look like that.
--
Bill R

Hm, okay, the ones I have seen around here (and grow) just have the
simple 6 petals. here is mine:

John - Pa. 02-01-2008 11:50 PM

Jan1-A - Amaryllis_8725.jpg

Although I often snap a quick shot of the name tags there at Longwood,
I was so busy with this guy I didn't catch his name. It is, however, a
partially opened double amaryllis and it was quite short at maybe 6in.
I had to lay flat on the ground to get eye-to-eye with him.

JD

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:56:09 -0600, Omelet