GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leopard Lily??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/170191-leopard-lily.html)

Marutchi[_3_] 08-01-2008 01:28 AM

Leopard Lily???

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure of the name of these, they grow like weeds in our area. My
mother always called them Leopard Lilies, but I think they are an iris.

Garrapata 08-01-2008 09:47 AM

Leopard Lily???

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:28:28 +1000, "Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:

I'm not sure of the name of these, they grow like weeds in our area. My
mother always called them Leopard Lilies, but I think they are an iris.

Belamcanda - But I recently read an article that said it should be
reclassified as an Iris
It is also known as blackberry lily
--

09=ix

Marutchi[_3_] 08-01-2008 10:44 AM

Leopard Lily???

Garrapata wrote:

Belamcanda - But I recently read an article that said it should be
reclassified as an Iris
It is also known as blackberry lily

Thank you!!

Bob Hobden 08-01-2008 04:27 PM

Leopard Lily???

"Garrapata" wrote after...
BarbaraH wrote:

I'm not sure of the name of these, they grow like weeds in our area. My
mother always called them Leopard Lilies, but I think they are an iris.

Belamcanda - But I recently read an article that said it should be
reclassified as an Iris
It is also known as blackberry lily

I have Belamcanda chinensis and mine are orange with red spots. Easily
raised from seed.
When the flowers die do they curl round tightly as the seed pod forms?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Marutchi[_3_] 08-01-2008 11:31 PM

Leopard Lily???

Basketweaver wrote:
Beautiful.

Thanks Pam.

Marutchi[_3_] 08-01-2008 11:31 PM

Leopard Lily???

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Garrapata" wrote after...
BarbaraH wrote:

I'm not sure of the name of these, they grow like weeds in our
area. My mother always called them Leopard Lilies, but I think they
are an iris.

Belamcanda - But I recently read an article that said it should be
reclassified as an Iris
It is also known as blackberry lily

I have Belamcanda chinensis and mine are orange with red spots.
Easily raised from seed.
When the flowers die do they curl round tightly as the seed pod forms?

Yes, they do.