GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Longwood Hibiscus - 20080256-Edit.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/171041-longwood-hibiscus-20080256-edit-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 11-02-2008 11:27 PM

Longwood Hibiscus - 20080256-Edit.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another intimate shot of a Hibiscus. This was taken with a
Canon 50mm f1.4 lens (relatively inexpensive, as Canon lenses go) and
a 12mm extension tube.

The extension tubes (not to be confused with "tele-converters") are
just open tubes with mounts on both sides that space the lens further
out from the camera. It reduces the DOF, but it is a very
cost-effective way to get good tight macro capabilities. I usually
shoot a smaller opening with the tube on, but f5.6 seemed to work in
this case.
JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

wendy7 14-02-2008 02:39 AM

Longwood Hibiscus - 20080256-Edit.jpg

This is terrific John & thanks for the photographic lesson. I shall have to
research this as
I just point & click using the macro on my Sony!
Cheers Wendy