Old 19-03-2008, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default What kind of tree is this? - dancer tree.jpg

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message

From Wikipedia

A Mimosa is a cocktail-like drink composed of three parts champagne
and two parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served
in a tall champagne flute with a morning brunch. It is also often
served to early guests at weddings, and in first class on jet
airliners.

I don't rate Wiki. Also, all those recipes are a waste of champagne!

Well... yes and no. Champagne is fabulous if it's drunk ice-cold within 10
minutes of opening, and a bottle should be poured into half a dozen small
glasses to be enjoyed at once. Allowed to lose more than a little of its
sparkle, however, it's a pretty poor excuse for white wine. :-)

Mimosa is a plant or tree.

Uhhh, yeah. I was the one with the tentative "mimosa" tree-ID, remember?
:-)

I was once very proud to grow a mimosa
(sensitive plant) from seed, a son would take it with him when he
bathed, he 'exercised' it by stroking the open fronds and watched
them close.
Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Such as - perhaps - stroking closed fronds and watching them open? ;-)

Old 19-03-2008, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:30:28 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
> [...]

From Wikipedia

[...]

That does it. I'm not going to post my bush picture here.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

That does it. I'm not going to post my bush picture here.

I even have some rhodo shots that might be inappropriate.

Old 20-03-2008, 09:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:45:10 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Mary

Such as? I can't imagine what you are talking about.

He had a spate of playing the recorder in there, said it was the only place
he could get peace and quiet. daughter played her double bass in there -
not at the same time.

Then there was the time he took up a jam jar and filled it with ... um ...
nice day, isn't it!

Bless him, he's on a tour of duty in the Falklands right now and has sent me
THREE e-birthday cards. Just like a man, not being able to decide which to
send :-)

Mary

Old 20-03-2008, 09:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Michael" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
> [...]

From Wikipedia

A Mimosa is a cocktail-like drink composed of three parts champagne
and two parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served
in a tall champagne flute with a morning brunch. It is also often
served to early guests at weddings, and in first class on jet
airliners.

I don't rate Wiki. Also, all those recipes are a waste of champagne!

Well... yes and no. Champagne is fabulous if it's drunk ice-cold within
10 minutes of opening, and a bottle should be poured into half a dozen
small glasses to be enjoyed at once. Allowed to lose more than a little
of its sparkle, however, it's a pretty poor excuse for white wine. :-)

Ice cold?

A good wine never needs to have its flavour chilled out of it :-(

I agree that it should be drunk immediately - ten minutes is far too long,
by that time you should have opened a second bottle.

That's what we'll be doing today, for my birthday!

Mimosa is a plant or tree.

Uhhh, yeah. I was the one with the tentative "mimosa" tree-ID, remember?

At my age my short term memory is shot. That's why I need a second bottle
.... and if I forget that ...

:-)

I was once very proud to grow a mimosa
(sensitive plant) from seed, a son would take it with him when he
bathed, he 'exercised' it by stroking the open fronds and watched
them close.
Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Such as - perhaps - stroking closed fronds and watching them open? ;-)

That certainly would be unusual :-)

Mary

Old 20-03-2008, 09:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message
news
I was once very proud to grow a mimosa
(sensitive plant) from seed, a son would take it with him when he
bathed, he 'exercised' it by stroking the open fronds and watched
them close.
Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Such as - perhaps - stroking closed fronds and watching them open? ;-)

That does it. I'm not going to post my bush picture here.

Oh :-(

I'm very disappointed. But I suppose the Serengeti is more a park than a
garden ...

:-)

Mary

Old 20-03-2008, 09:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Michael" wrote in message
newsBeEj.95639$w94.66392@pd7urf2no...
joevan wrote:

That does it. I'm not going to post my bush picture here.

I even have some rhodo shots that might be inappropriate.

No idea what a rhodo is ...

Old 20-03-2008, 02:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

That does it. I'm not going to post my bush picture here.

I even have some rhodo shots that might be inappropriate.

No idea what a rhodo is ...

Ahhh... Rhododendron. A flowering bush - petals, not fronds. :-)

Attached Thumbnails
What kind of tree is this? - dancer tree.jpg-arousedrhododendron2.jpg

[IMG] code is On

Trimming this tree, what kind of tree is this? mm[_1_] Lawns 1 19-12-2008 03:41 AM
Onc. Native Dancer Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 05-05-2007 04:21 PM
Rose for Dancer lucy boone Roses 0 17-09-2005 07:49 PM
Memorial Rose for Dancer (the doggie) Shiva Roses 0 16-09-2005 07:45 AM
What kind of plant is this? - Plant.JPG (0/1) Ron Pereboom Gardening 1 08-08-2003 07:04 PM