Old 18-03-2008, 01:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default What kind of tree is this? - dancer tree.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
What kind of tree is this? - dancer tree.jpg-dancer-tree.jpg
Old 18-03-2008, 05:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote in message

Is that REAL?

Mary

Old 18-03-2008, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:36:03 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
.. .

Is that REAL?

Mary

I am not sure if it is real or not, but it is rather beautiful in
form.
http://visualfunhouse.com/snapshot_i...-illusion.html
Old 18-03-2008, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell without
clearer view of the foliage.

Old 18-03-2008, 11:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:13:32 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell without
clearer view of the foliage.

joevan wrote:

That is what I thought it was. We had them in our yard many years ago
in Virginia. Thanks.

Old 18-03-2008, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

My first thought was Jacaranda... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacaranda

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-03-2008, 12:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:
"joevan" wrote ...
"Michael" wrote:

Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell
without clearer view of the foliage.

That is what I thought it was. We had them in our yard many years ago
in Virginia. Thanks.

My first thought was Jacaranda...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacaranda

Hehe... even absent a clearer photo, we'd certainly know which it is if it
were in bloom. :-)

Old 19-03-2008, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Michael wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
"joevan" wrote ...
"Michael" wrote:

Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell
without clearer view of the foliage.

That is what I thought it was. We had them in our yard many years ago
in Virginia. Thanks.

My first thought was Jacaranda...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacaranda

Hehe... even absent a clearer photo, we'd certainly know which it is if it
were in bloom. :-)

The photo is digitally altered. An image of the tree image was added to
an image of a dancer as a surface texture. Neat trick.

--
wolf k.
Old 19-03-2008, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wolf K. wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
"joevan" wrote ...
"Michael" wrote:

Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell
without clearer view of the foliage.

That is what I thought it was. We had them in our yard many years
ago in Virginia. Thanks.

My first thought was Jacaranda...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacaranda

Hehe... even absent a clearer photo, we'd certainly know which it is
if it were in bloom. :-)

The photo is digitally altered. An image of the tree image was added
to an image of a dancer as a surface texture. Neat trick.

*Very* neat trick... but we still don't know the species of tree. :-)

Old 19-03-2008, 09:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Michael" wrote in message
Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell without
clearer view of the foliage.

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my typing
fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Mary

Old 19-03-2008, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my typing
fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Just think "champagne for breakfast". :-)

Old 19-03-2008, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Michael" wrote in message

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my typing
fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Just think "champagne for breakfast". :-)

I think that every morning but what has it to do with mimosa??? Strawberries
perhaps ...

Mary

Old 19-03-2008, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my
typing fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Just think "champagne for breakfast". :-)

I think that every morning but what has it to do with mimosa???
Strawberries perhaps ...

From Wikipedia

A Mimosa is a cocktail-like drink composed of three parts champagne and two
parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served in a tall
champagne flute with a morning brunch. It is also often served to early
guests at weddings, and in first class on jet airliners.

Mimosa...
INGREDIENTS:
Champagne (1 bottle)
Orange Juice (1 carton)
PREPARATION:
Fill half of a champagne flute with chilled champagne and top off with
chilled orange juice, gently stir. For added flare, slice up a strawberry to
decorate the rim of each flute.

Passion Fruit Mimosa...
INGREDIENTS:
Champagne (1 bottle)
Passion Fruit Juice (1 carton)
PREPARATION:
Fill half of a champagne flute with chilled champagne and top off with
chilled passion fruit juice, gently stir. For added flare, slice up a
strawberry or an orange to decorate the rim of each flute.

Mama Mimosa...
INGREDIENTS:
Champagne (1 Bottle)
Orange Juice (1 Bottle)
Orange Liquer
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
PREPARATION:
Fill half of an 8oz. glass with chilled champagne and add another 4 oz. of
chilled orange juice, gently stir. Next add 1-2 tablespoons of orange liquer
and mix thoroughly. For the final touch, add raspberry ice just before
serving. (* Raspberry ice - crumble fresh raspberries and place the crumbles
into ice cube trays, fill with water and freeze. )

Old 19-03-2008, 05:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Michael" wrote in message

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my
typing fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Just think "champagne for breakfast". :-)

I think that every morning but what has it to do with mimosa???
Strawberries perhaps ...

From Wikipedia

A Mimosa is a cocktail-like drink composed of three parts champagne and
two parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served in a tall
champagne flute with a morning brunch. It is also often served to early
guests at weddings, and in first class on jet airliners.

I don't rate Wiki. Also, all those recipes are a waste of champagne!

Mimosa is a plant or tree. I was once very proud to grow a mimosa
(sensitive plant) from seed, a son would take it with him when he bathed, he
'exercised' it by stroking the open fronds and watched them close.

Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Mary

Old 19-03-2008, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:45:10 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Mary

Such as? I can't imagine what you are talking about.

[IMG] code is On

Trimming this tree, what kind of tree is this? mm[_1_] Lawns 1 19-12-2008 03:41 AM
Onc. Native Dancer Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 05-05-2007 04:21 PM
Rose for Dancer lucy boone Roses 0 17-09-2005 07:49 PM
Memorial Rose for Dancer (the doggie) Shiva Roses 0 16-09-2005 07:45 AM
What kind of plant is this? - Plant.JPG (0/1) Ron Pereboom Gardening 1 08-08-2003 07:04 PM