Old 25-03-2008, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Not getting original posts

.... only comments on them.

I've checked and the senders aren't in my killfile.

Any ideas, anyone?

Mary

Old 25-03-2008, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
... only comments on them.

I've checked and the senders aren't in my killfile.

Any ideas, anyone?

Mary

Your Usenet supplier probably has a glitch on their news server. Or
maybe their anti-spam service is killing binaries for some reason. Or...

Anyhow, it's unlikely to be at your end, since you can read the text
messages. You could have a look at all the settings of your newsreader,
in case something is blocking the binaries, or is marking them as read.
That is if you have your header pane set to show Unread message headers
only.

HTH

--
wolf k.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wolf K. wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:

... only comments on them.

I've checked and the senders aren't in my killfile.

Any ideas, anyone?

Mary

Your Usenet supplier probably has a glitch on their news server. Or
maybe their anti-spam service is killing binaries for some reason. Or...

Anyhow, it's unlikely to be at your end, since you can read the text
messages. You could have a look at all the settings of your newsreader,
in case something is blocking the binaries, or is marking them as read.
That is if you have your header pane set to show Unread message headers
only.

HTH

As HTH said, the problem IS your ISP. It could be related to the size
of the binaries. Some vendors don't allow binary files over a certain
size. Are you seeing any binaries at all? Either way, I would complain
to your ISP.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 25-03-2008, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bill R wrote:

[...]
As HTH said, the problem IS your ISP. It could be related to the size
of the binaries. Some vendors don't allow binary files over a certain
size. Are you seeing any binaries at all? Either way, I would complain
to your ISP.

Erm, HTH == Hope This Helps.

I'm actually wolf k.

Your reader cuts off the sig in reply mode (as does mine), because your
sig begins "hyphen hyphen space" (as does mine.)

--
wolf k.
Old 26-03-2008, 10:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bill R" wrote in message
Wolf K. wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:

... only comments on them.

I've checked and the senders aren't in my killfile.

Any ideas, anyone?

Mary

Your Usenet supplier probably has a glitch on their news server. Or maybe
their anti-spam service is killing binaries for some reason. Or...

Anyhow, it's unlikely to be at your end, since you can read the text
messages. You could have a look at all the settings of your newsreader,
in case something is blocking the binaries, or is marking them as read.
That is if you have your header pane set to show Unread message headers
only.

HTH

Well, it would if it were happening in other newsgroups :-(

Thanks,

Mary

Old 26-03-2008, 10:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I've just thought of something. The other day, in an attempt to remove very
annoying ng spam which of course isn't picked up by my spam trap because
that applies to my mailbox, I set a rule to remove messages which contained
more than 50 lines.

I've now removed that line, would someone please post a picture for me to
see if it gets here?

TIA,

Mary

Old 26-03-2008, 10:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I've just thought of something. The other day, in an attempt to
remove very annoying ng spam which of course isn't picked up by my
spam trap because that applies to my mailbox, I set a rule to remove
messages which contained more than 50 lines.

I've now removed that line, would someone please post a picture for
me to see if it gets here?

Sure thing, here's one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b-8707-plumbago-19-03-08-30-400.jpg (84.3 KB, 105 views)
Old 26-03-2008, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I've just thought of something. The other day, in an attempt to remove very
annoying ng spam which of course isn't picked up by my spam trap because
that applies to my mailbox, I set a rule to remove messages which contained
more than 50 lines.

That'll do it.

I didn't realise you used Outlook express. As you have discovered, while
it's easy to use, it's also to do thing with it that you don't want to
do. Outlook uses the same rules for NGs as for mail. A NG is just a
public mailbox that anyone can access by "subscribing" to it. Anyhow,
many people get a newsreader-only program in order to prevent the e-mail
and new-reader rules from interfering with each other.

I see that Good Poster suggested another cause for your problems. So,
for curiosity's sake, which was it? the 50 line limit, or the blocked
images?

Purple heather and golden daffs - good colour combo!

--
wolf k.
Old 26-03-2008, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I've just thought of something. The other day, in an attempt to
remove very annoying ng spam which of course isn't picked up by my
spam trap because that applies to my mailbox, I set a rule to remove
messages which contained more than 50 lines.

I've now removed that line, would someone please post a picture for
me to see if it gets here?

Sure thing, here's one.

Thank you so much - but that's one I've never been able to grow so I'm even
more envious :-(

Saved to remind me of its beauty!

Mary

Old 26-03-2008, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Thank you so much - but that's one I've never been able to grow so
I'm even more envious :-(

Saved to remind me of its beauty!

No worries, glad you solved your problem.