GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bird of Paradise Flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/172328-bird-paradise-flower.html)

Marutchi[_3_] 29-03-2008 03:10 AM

Bird of Paradise Flower

1 Attachment(s)

Omelet[_4_] 29-03-2008 04:40 PM

Bird of Paradise Flower

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

begin 666 b7766ps-birdparra-16-01-08-30-400.jpg
[Image]

end

Mm, could be fun with photoshop filters. :-)

Relegated to the art folder for later play... but only for my own
amazement. g

Peace! Om

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. They have never
forgotten this." - Heinlein

Marutchi[_3_] 30-03-2008 03:02 AM

Bird of Paradise Flower

2 Attachment(s)

--

I played around with it a bit myself. The one posted had a mild 'orton'
effect treatment. This is the original plus a textured version.

Omelet[_4_] 30-03-2008 10:26 AM

Bird of Paradise Flower

Omelet wrote:

Mm, could be fun with photoshop filters. :-)

Relegated to the art folder for later play... but only for my own
amazement. g
--

I played around with it a bit myself. The one posted had a mild 'orton'
effect treatment. This is the original plus a textured version.

begin 666 b7766-birdparra-16-01-08-30-400.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 b7766pst-birdparra-16-01-08-30-400.jpg
[Image]

end

Cool. :-)

What program do you use?
I have Photoshop CS but with Alien Skin and plugingalaxy aftermarket
filters. Those can be a lot of fun! I got the framing program from
Alien Skin "Eyecandy". The filter is Bevel Boss.

The most fun one is the PluginGalaxy mirror filters. They mirror images
8 ways.

Marutchi[_3_] 30-03-2008 11:18 AM

Bird of Paradise Flower

Omelet wrote:

Cool. :-)

What program do you use?
I have Photoshop CS but with Alien Skin and plugingalaxy aftermarket
filters. Those can be a lot of fun! I got the framing program from
Alien Skin "Eyecandy". The filter is Bevel Boss.

The most fun one is the PluginGalaxy mirror filters. They mirror
images 8 ways.
--

I did mine with layers, not plug ins. LOL I've just learnt to use layers,
haven't tried any of the pluggins.

Omelet[_4_] 31-03-2008 05:51 AM

Bird of Paradise Flower

Omelet wrote:

Cool. :-)

What program do you use?
I have Photoshop CS but with Alien Skin and plugingalaxy aftermarket
filters. Those can be a lot of fun! I got the framing program from
Alien Skin "Eyecandy". The filter is Bevel Boss.

The most fun one is the PluginGalaxy mirror filters. They mirror
images 8 ways.
--

I did mine with layers, not plug ins. LOL I've just learnt to use layers,
haven't tried any of the pluggins.

Layering has it's uses too.
I've gotten some neat effects layering over mirrors.

Gary Fortier 02-04-2008 09:47 PM

Bird of Paradise Flower

In Hawaii I once saw someone spend ten minutes setting up his camera,
checking the light and trying to make it a perfect picture of a bird of
paradise flower.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was a plastic flower.