GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Climbing Rose? - climbingrose.jpg (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/172738-climbing-rose-climbingrose-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Suzie-Q 08-04-2008 02:50 AM

Climbing Rose? - climbingrose.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
This plant is growing over the fence from the neighbor's
back yard. At first I thought it was just a thorny weed
because it grows so fast. Now, for the first time I can
recall, I see flowers. So now I'm thinking that it's
actually some sort of climbing rose. Can anyone confirm?
Flowers are only about an inch and a half across.
Thanks in advance.

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

Suzie-Q 09-04-2008 05:13 AM

Climbing Rose? - climbingrose.jpg (1/1)

And all this time I thought it was a nuisance weed!
Thanks!

In article ,
"Basketweaver" wrote:

Suzie, my first thought is that it is the White Lady Banks Rose.
(Coincidently, Paddy's Pig posted the yellow one just today.) We have
a white one blooming now and I'll try to get a photo of it posted soon.
I think our blossoms are under an inch across and it is practically
thornless,
so your plant might be something completely different. Pam