GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   April snow [1/1] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/172830-april-snow-%5B1-1%5D.html)

MadCow 09-04-2008 11:13 PM

April snow [1/1]

3 Attachment(s)

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

--
Sue ];(:)

Marutchi[_3_] 09-04-2008 11:48 PM

April snow [1/1]

MadCow wrote:
Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Tis indeed a couple of very nice shots.

BubblyBabs 10-04-2008 11:46 AM

April snow [1/1]

"MadCow" wrote in message

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Poor tulips! One of my favorite flowers too! Cool choo-choo train! Would
love that in my backyard!

BAbs

Edward Erbeck 10-04-2008 01:02 PM

April snow [1/1]

"MadCow" wrote:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

The Day before Yesterday was 20 Degrees F Warmer than yesterday. I'm
just glad we didn't get any Snow ;-). Although it did Snow on Mount Lemon
above Tucson and on Mount Graham South West of Safford (both ~ 3K Feet
higher than I am).

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Not sure what Marutchi means, but I like the Picture. I'd LOVE to have
that Train out here. I bet I could scare the Hell out of the Cattle with the
Whistle! ;-)

Crazy Ed

Mary Fisher 10-04-2008 05:33 PM

April snow [1/1]

"Edward Erbeck" wrote in message
"MadCow" wrote:

Not sure what Marutchi means,

That's the problem with cross posting.

Bill & Ange 13-04-2008 01:32 AM

April snow [1/1]

I like the live steam, doubled up no less!

-----------------
-----------------

MadCow 13-04-2008 07:40 PM

April snow [1/1]

In message , Bill &
Ange writes
I like the live steam, doubled up no less!

At a vast back-garden railway in Thame, built and operated by a retired
motor engineer and his mates.
Thanks to his devotion to getting machines to work efficiently, the
double-header was able to pull 20 passengers plus the drivers up a 1 in
25 slope! There are even two tunnels long enough to give that authentic
smuts-in-your-eyes experience.

--
Sue ]:(:)

Ann 13-04-2008 11:09 PM

April snow [1/1]

MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

MadCow 14-04-2008 10:27 PM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

3 Attachment(s)
In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?

No, I was flabbergasted. I blagged my way onto a bus trip organised by
a FOAF because I was bored. Here's the bus, BTW:

And another bridge ("Garden and Woodland Railway") and the turntable -
notice the little door that allows an engine to go inside the house !

--
Sue ];(:)

joevan[_2_] 14-04-2008 10:44 PM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:27:48 +0100, MadCow wrote:

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?

No, I was flabbergasted. I blagged my way onto a bus trip organised by
a FOAF because I was bored. Here's the bus, BTW:

My, MY, don't those little "big boys" have fun. As the old saying
goes, something like
" the difference between men and boys
is the price of their toys".

Did anyone post these to the rail group?
If not, I will if no one objects.

MadCow 16-04-2008 08:43 PM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

In message , joevan
writes
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:27:48 +0100, MadCow wrote:

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?

No, I was flabbergasted. I blagged my way onto a bus trip organised by
a FOAF because I was bored. Here's the bus, BTW:

My, MY, don't those little "big boys" have fun. As the old saying
goes, something like
" the difference between men and boys
is the price of their toys".

Did anyone post these to the rail group?
If not, I will if no one objects.

No problem

--
Sue ]:(:)

Ann 17-04-2008 01:46 PM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

MadCow expounded:

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?

No, I was flabbergasted. I blagged my way onto a bus trip organised by
a FOAF because I was bored. Here's the bus, BTW:

Wow, that's incredible! I love trains myself, I'd like to see that
someday. Where exactly is it located? I'll get over the pond again
somehow!

MadCow 20-04-2008 11:16 PM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

Here's a flavour of it for the rest of the world: the previous Sunday
I'd been sunbathing. My garden was NOT expecting this!

I flatter myself that my abstract study of tulips in my rose bed is
almost Marutchi standard.

Wow, now that train setup is much more elaborate than I thought! Do
you kow this train operator?

No, I was flabbergasted. I blagged my way onto a bus trip organised by
a FOAF because I was bored. Here's the bus, BTW:

Wow, that's incredible! I love trains myself, I'd like to see that
someday. Where exactly is it located? I'll get over the pond again
somehow!

I don't know - it's in a private garden in a suburb of Thame, a small
town outside my local area. Apparently they open it for charity
sometimes, but I don't know how you'd find out about it.

Oh, look -
http://www.mdrs.org.uk/2002gallery.htm

--
Sue ]:(:)

joevan[_2_] 21-04-2008 01:16 AM

April snow [1/1] [1/1]

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:16:18 +0100, MadCow wrote:

In message , Ann
writes
MadCow expounded:

In message , Ann

[...]