GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery weed :O (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/175543-mystery-weed-o.html)

grimm 05-06-2008 12:36 PM

Mystery weed :O

Hi folks,

This weed has cropped up all over the place in my garden and I'm wondering what it is. It's quite prevalent each year but this is the first time I've let it go quite so far.

Here's a few images.
1) Whole Plant (and boots :P)
img src="http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/grimmpuli/IMGP0562.jpg"

2) Leaves
img src="http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/grimmpuli/IMGP0563.jpg"

3) Flowers
img src="http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/grimmpuli/IMGP0566.jpg"

4) Sap
img src="http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/grimmpuli/IMGP0568.jpg"

I've spent ages trawling and i think its some variety of wild lettuce but I'm really quite uncertain. It does have milky sap, the leaf formation is akin to that of lettuce, yellow flowers etc.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Grimm.

grimm 05-06-2008 12:39 PM

Excuse the HTML, it didn't work for some reason :/