GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/176166-solstice-day-2-20083910-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 21-06-2008 03:22 PM

Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
Hot, hot, hot

The showiest planting I have right now is my Asclepias. These were
grown from seed and have been in for 4 or 5 years now. These were very
easy to do from seed and in fact, they are starting to wander. There
are even a few yellow sports that come up from time to time. I'm
thinking that I might try to root some cuttings from the yellow guys
and consolidate them into their own stand.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Mary Fisher 22-06-2008 08:39 PM

Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg

John - Pa. wrote in message
Hot, hot, hot

The showiest planting I have right now is my Asclepias.

They're lovely - never seen them though. Are they peculiar to your side of
the pond?

Mary

John - Pa. 22-06-2008 09:06 PM

Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
These are native to our eastern US area and you can see them growing
wild in fields. They are rather late to emerge in the spring, but they
grow vigorously and flower early. They are also know as milkweeds
because of the silky fluff that the seeds are attached to. This is the
common variety known as Asclepias tuberosa and it is also called
"butterfly weed". As I say, they are very easy to grow from seed.

JD

Mary Fisher 23-06-2008 09:44 AM

Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg

John - Pa. wrote in message
These are native to our eastern US area and you can see them growing
wild in fields. They are rather late to emerge in the spring, but they
grow vigorously and flower early. They are also know as milkweeds
because of the silky fluff that the seeds are attached to. This is the
common variety known as Asclepias tuberosa and it is also called
"butterfly weed". As I say, they are very easy to grow from seed.

JD

Oh! That picture is beautiful!

Mary

NoteWell 29-06-2008 03:29 AM

Solstice-Day 2 - 20083910.jpg

wrote:

They're lovely - never seen them though. Are they peculiar to your
side of the pond?

Mary

begin 644 Asclepias_3609.jpg

Attachment decoded: Asclepias_3609.jpg