GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Olympic Gold Rose-2021 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/177124-olympic-gold-rose-2021-a.html)

Marutchi[_3_] 22-07-2008 12:24 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

1 Attachment(s)
Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses, this is
the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being totally
neglected.

joevan[_2_] 22-07-2008 12:30 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:24:45 +1000, "Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:

Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses, this is
the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being totally
neglected.

Said the itsy bitsy spider in the left corner petal, "I think I love
you". I do anyway, a beauty.

Mary Fisher 22-07-2008 12:53 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

wrote:

Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses, this
is
the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being totally
neglected.

Said the itsy bitsy spider in the left corner petal, "I think I love
you". I do anyway, a beauty.

Is it spider? I thought it was an insect and wondered if it were peculiar to
Australasia.

Mary

Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] 22-07-2008 05:36 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

Marutchi wrote:
Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses, this is
the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being totally
neglected.

Ah, it's just trying to catch your attention.... ;-)

Good pic. Can almost smell the fragrance.

--
wolf k.

Marutchi[_3_] 22-07-2008 11:10 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

joevan wrote:

Said the itsy bitsy spider in the left corner petal, "I think I love
you". I do anyway, a beauty.

Thanks Joevan.

Marutchi[_3_] 22-07-2008 11:11 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

Mary Fisher wrote:

Is it spider? I thought it was an insect and wondered if it were
peculiar to Australasia.

I think it was a spider, was in a hurry at the time and didn't take much
notice.

Marutchi[_3_] 22-07-2008 11:11 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

Sj wrote:

Lovely ...

Thanks.

Marutchi[_3_] 22-07-2008 11:11 PM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
Marutchi wrote:
Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses,
this is the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being
totally neglected.

Ah, it's just trying to catch your attention.... ;-)

Good pic. Can almost smell the fragrance.

Possibly. :-) thanks.

Michael[_11_] 23-07-2008 03:05 AM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

Marutchi wrote:

Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses,
this is the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being
totally neglected.

OMG, Barbara... that's a truly *stunning* shot! :-)

Michael[_11_] 23-07-2008 03:06 AM

Olympic Gold Rose-2021

wrote:

Must be extremely hardy, my yard is not suitable for growing roses,
this is
the only one I have and it manages to flower. despite being totally
neglected.

Said the itsy bitsy spider in the left corner petal, "I think I love
you". I do anyway, a beauty.

Is it spider? I thought it was an insect and wondered if it were
peculiar to Australasia.

Looks like a type of "jumping spider" to me...