GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stapelia variegata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/177636-stapelia-variegata.html)

wendy7 07-08-2008 04:47 PM

Stapelia variegata

1 Attachment(s)
Stapelia variegata
This one doesn't seem to attract flies & not sure if there is an odor?
Cheers Wendy

someone 12-08-2008 08:41 PM

Stapelia variegata

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Stapelia variegata
This one doesn't seem to attract flies & not sure if there is an odor?
Cheers Wendy

Have you sniffed it? Maybe it only smells at night (as some do) to attract
moths. Beautiful flower, though.

someone

MadCow 16-08-2008 09:35 PM

Stapelia variegata

In message , someone
writes

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Stapelia variegata
This one doesn't seem to attract flies & not sure if there is an odor?
Cheers Wendy

Have you sniffed it? Maybe it only smells at night (as some do) to attract
moths. Beautiful flower, though.

I've got S variegata and I've never known it to attract flies, though
when it's warm the flowers smell unpleasant enough that I keep it on the
lavatory windowsill, where it can blame someone else.

--
Sue ];(:)

wendy7 16-08-2008 11:49 PM

Stapelia variegata

(((LOL))) Good one Sue,
Just looked in my plant data base & it's the Stapelia gigantea that
stinks & attracts flies. I just
thought they all would.
Cheers Wendy
"MadCow" wrote in message