GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant I.D. Needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/177879-plant-i-d-needed.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 16-08-2008 06:39 AM

Plant I.D. Needed

2 Attachment(s)
This succulent(?) was grown from a cutting about 3 years ago.
My wife calls it her "Moose Antler Plant", because the branches have a
light fuzz on them and their shape resembles an antler.
Anyone know their real name?
Bob Williams

beccabunga 18-08-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Williams[_3_] (Post 810257)
This succulent(?) was grown from a cutting about 3 years ago.
My wife calls it her "Moose Antler Plant", because the branches have a
light fuzz on them and their shape resembles an antler.
Anyone know their real name?
Bob Williams

It is possibly an Echeveria "Doris Taylor" or a relative...

Garrapata 18-08-2008 07:08 PM

Plant I.D. Needed

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:39:17 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

This succulent(?) was grown from a cutting about 3 years ago.
My wife calls it her "Moose Antler Plant", because the branches have a
light fuzz on them and their shape resembles an antler.
Anyone know their real name?
Bob Williams

I's a fasciated, variegated Aeonium, I've had the unfasciated version
for years but don't have the species name.
--

09=ix

Bob Williams[_3_] 19-08-2008 08:44 AM

Plant I.D. Needed

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your helpful replies.
My plant looks like it could be either an
Echeveria "Doris Taylor" cv Cristata.....OR...
Aeonium decorun "Sunburst" cv forma Cristata
See attached images from Google Images.
Also it could be an unnamed hybrid, of which there are VERY many.
Bob Williams